108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Kafka Rest 404 issues

SOLVED
Go to solution
Harshkohli
HPE Pro

Kafka Rest 404 issues

What are the possible causes for kafka rest to give 404 errors. Assuming these are intermittent issues?

Can it be a problem related to cluster being unstable for sometime which cause this issue?  I am lloking at various possible reasons we can look for and why it can come.

I work for HPE
2 REPLIES 2
tdunning
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Kafka Rest 404 issues

So there are probably a number of possible causes. But it is very hard to say what the problem is without some kind of information about what you are doing. So here are some questions that would help:

- Is it really Kafka behind the rest server or is it Ezmeral Data Fabric?

- Do you have a load balancer?

- Are your versions matching?

- which version of Kafka are you using?

- do you see any log messages from the rest server or from kafka itself related to this issue?

I work for HPE
Harshkohli
HPE Pro

Re: Kafka Rest 404 issues

Thanks for your response. Below is the information I am assuming now but more information is not available since it got fixed automatically and is not reproducible for now i guess:

- Is it really Kafka behind the rest server or is it Ezmeral Data Fabric?  --- Its Data Fabric

- Do you have a load balancer?: --- There is a load balancer I beleive

- Are your versions matching?---  Versions do match and it is just a problem with few nodes lets assume . I will say 2 out of 9 nodes and rest work just fine.

- which version of Kafka are you using?:  mapr-kafka-1.1.1.201809281337-1.noarch and  mapr-kafka-rest-4.1.0.201809262008-1.noarch

- do you see any log messages from the rest server or from kafka itself related to this issue? -- No messages for now. except below:

"POST /topics/%2Fenv%2test%2Fstreams%2Fabc%2Fworkflow%3Atest HTTP/1.1" 404 86 81 (io.confluent.rest-utils.requests)

Regards,

Har**bleep** Kohli.

I work for HPE