New Discussion

HPE HC-380 - ONE VIEW

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gannicus
Occasional Contributor

HPE HC-380 - ONE VIEW

Hi,

i'm not able to create new datastore from web client, i received the message "Error communicating with HP's services.  Please retry after restarting HP OneView for VMware vCenter Server services.": the message is permanent, it not disappear after one view reboot

is there a way to fix it ?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Alan_Hymes
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HPE HC-380 - ONE VIEW

Hello,

You seem to be mixing your messages......  Keep the two products/software pacikages separate:

1.  OnceView for vCenter (OV4VC) - This is the storage plugin for vCenter.  This is where you would do your datastore creation/deletion/expansion.

2.  OneView - OneView actually comes with the HC380 and is installed but the user has NO interration with it.  It is only used by the UI for doing things like firmware updates and reporting.  But a user never acceses it.

Now, to your situation.  If you have tried installing the latest supported OV4VC which I believe is 7.8.4.168 and that has not fixed it I sguggest you call HPE Support.  It could be a registration problem with vCenter, it could be several different issues causing this.  Again your best bet is HPE Support.

Thanks

Alan

Alan Hymes

Accept or Kudo

Gannicus
Occasional Contributor

Re: HPE HC-380 - ONE VIEW

Thank you for helping me, updating the OV4VC to 7.8.4.168, solved the problem