1751907 Members
4872 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE Perfromance Issue

User201
Occasional Visitor

HPE Perfromance Issue

My company has purchase HPE hyperconverge with all the recommended switches and even have HPE installed it. The system has caused us days of downtime due to performance issues. HPE has been working everyday for the past 8 months on the system and havent been able to find a solution. They have have failed cache on all nodes, hard drive failure without notification until the system actually stop responding causing downtime. Be recommendation from me is to stay far from HPE hyperconverge system its the worst on performance.

3 REPLIES 3
PiterParker
Valued Contributor

Re: HPE Perfromance Issue

Hi m8, 

Which HyperConverged system did you use in your environment?

Regards, 

Piotr

User201
Occasional Visitor

HPE 380 hybrid with Solid State drives
Alan_Hymes
HPE Pro

Hello,

I see you are using the HC380.  That uses the Smart Array Controllers.  They do have sensitive cache modules on them and they can fail due to power issues and can even look failed eventhough they are not due to firmware versions.

As for performance.  You don't say what performance you are having trouble with? The system is basically VMWare and VSA so HPE support should have been able to narrow down the issue pretty quickly.  8 months is not typical.

You are aware that you can escallate this and it will end up in the COE (Center of Excellence) if it isn't ther already and they are extremely good.  Then it goes to engineering if they can't resolve it.

If you can give me a support case number I can see what is going on.......

Alan

Alan Hymes

Accept or Kudo