5850 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Fatal Error Launching 7.1

BrentGee
Advisor

Fatal Error Launching 7.1

Hi:

Here's a new one. I have a user who is trying to launch CMU 7.1 on the following system:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 6.6 (Santiago)

2.6.32-504.12.2.el6.x86_64

NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-346.47

Dual monitor

And he get's the following error:

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x0000003ff361e354, pid=28826, tid=140196518532864
#
# JRE version: 6.0_31-b04
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (20.6-b01 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [libGL.so.1+0x1e354] __float128+0x4

I mention the nvidia and dual monitor info based on a few related searches on google (for people suffering the same problem but are running different software).

I don't think this should be an issue with Java on the workstation because we are tunneling CMU through SSH. I am doing the exact same thing on my workstation but mine is a Mac and I don't have any issues.

Is this a problem with mesa libs or something. Any ideas would be helpful. Please let me know, if you need any additional info.

1 REPLY 1
Armugam_Pradeep
Valued Contributor

Re: Fatal Error Launching 7.1

HP Insight CMU v7.1 is a older version and it is not supported version. There can be incompatible issues here.

Please upgrade to the latest version HP Insight CMU v7.3 on head node and also upgrade java/jre version 7(since java 6u31 is old, also it is advisable to use oracle java/jre) on head node & workstation and see whether issue still exists.

If issue still there, please ask user to elavate cmu case by calling to HP Support number.

what is the java/jre version on workstation? what is the OS on workstation? what is the graphics card type on workstation and nvidia driver versions? (just to confirm)
what is the java/jre version on head node? what is the OS on head node?

How did you launched the GUI? (via manually or via web?) Can you provide the exact steps how you tunnel and launch the GUI from workstation?

>> I am doing the exact same thing on my workstation but mine is a Mac and I don't have any issues.
Did you launched the GUI of same cmu server node from  your Mac workstation? What is the java/jre version & OS of Mac workstation?

Thanks,
Pradeep A.