HPE OneView
1752583 Members
4834 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Active Directory Latency issues when logging into OneView

CrisP1

Active Directory Latency issues when logging into OneView

Our corporation recently deployed OneView 4.10 across all of our datacenters. We are configuring out appliances to use Active Directory to access the appliance. I successfully configure the device to use our AD, and configure the group to have access. When a user logs into the appliance, it takes about 5 minutes for the user to finally log in. I contacted support and they mentioned that it could be that the user has too many groups assigned to them. So together with support we created a brand new user and only assigned the user, the group with OneView access. This worked flawlessly. Funny thing is I was troubleshooting by adding all the groups that prod users have to the test user account created, and it was still working fine, until I added the Domain Admins group to the account. This caused it to get the same 5 minute delay as our prod accounts. I remove Domain Admins from the account and it works fine. I cannot go back to my boss and tell them that we need to create new accounts in AD just to access OneView. We have to figure out what is the root cause so we can use our normal accounts to access OneView.

5 REPLIES 5
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hello 

Please use local users, if need to use remote users, the user should be domain user rather domain admin group

Please  engage MS/AD expert to know why domain admin group having the issue

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
CrisP1

Unfortunately, I cannot accept this as a solution. That is the same response I get from HPE support. Our Active Directory environment is integrated with hundreds of third party apps and hardware, and they all work perfectly with out accounts. It is only OneView that gives us problems with this. This leads me to believe that the issue lies with how OneView integrates with AD. I would like to have someone actually look at the issue, instead of outright dismissing it. Thanks.

Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hello 

Please do log a ticket with us, we may need to look into the logs and might be needed to replicate in our lab.

Are you using OV global dashboard?

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor

Thanks @Suvamay.

Hi @CrisP1 

Can you log a ticket with the support dump and let it flow through the support chain?
Do share the ticket id if you have one.
Thanks!

Regards,|
Bhaskar

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor

@CrisP1

Let us know if you have logged a support case with a support dump on this.
Would be very helpful.
Let us know.

Regards,
Bhaskar

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo