HPE OneView
1748038 Members
5223 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Adding OneView Global Dashboard to Directory Services - Error The Service is not available

RMFerreira
Visitor

Adding OneView Global Dashboard to Directory Services - Error The Service is not available

Unable to add OneView Global Dashboard to Directory Services (Active Directory). 

Keep receiving error 'The service is not available. Please try again later.'

I've recently updated the Global Dashboard to version 1.10, as 1.10 includes fixes for directory services. Using the local Administrator account to add the appliance to Directory Services.

I have no issue adding the standard OneView Appliance 3.0 to directory services.

Would appreciate any assistance in trying to resolve this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Paul91
Occasional Advisor

Re: Adding OneView Global Dashboard to Directory Services - Error The Service is not available

Had the same problem.

Try using port 3269 instead , as per help within HPE OneView Global Dashboard :

IMPORTANT: The decision whether to search Global Catalog or the domain is based on the scope of the search.

When the scope of a search is the domain or an organizational unit, use the SSL port. The default is 636.

When the scope of a search is the forest, use the SSL Global Catalog port. The default is 3269.

RMFerreira
Visitor

Re: Adding OneView Global Dashboard to Directory Services - Error The Service is not available

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting. Yes I have tried using port 3269 and get the same result.

I've raised a case with HPE and it appears that OVGD is struggling with Certificate chains when connecting to the AD.

An issue that OV does not experience.

gibby82
Occasional Visitor

I ran into this today, and the solution I found was to use the entire distinguished name for the group/OU section, vs. just the examples HP provides. 

ex. cn=group,cn=container,dc=org,dc=domain,dc=com 

Hope this helps.