1752622 Members
4748 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Adding in Blade servers question

zzzzzxx1
Contributor

Adding in Blade servers question

Hi All - I stood up a HP OneView 2.0 appliance and adding in my enclosures. How do I add in individual blade servers? Whenever I go to add them in, I get an error that its already being monitored...Most likely because the Enclosrure is seeing it. I would like to monitor the blade server vitals... Temp, fans, and HDD health etc... Am I able to receive any type of alerts using the free "monitored" version OneView?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Once you add an Enclosure, that is all you have to do.  Blade Servers are automatically discovered.  You will only get Overall System Health and Inventory data.  Health Reporting is performed from iLO and either the AMS (for Gen8 or Gen9) or the Insight Manager Agents (for G6 or G7).

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

zzzzzxx1
Contributor

Thanks @ChrisLynch I was a little confused as to how we can get alerting into OneView for our older gen 6 servers. Do I need to point the gen6 ILO to send a snmp trap to OneView? How would I go about getting hard drive health into OneView?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

When you add a supported ProLiant to HPE OneView (either with the Add Enclosure to add Blade Servers, or Add Server for all others), OneView automatically will configure the iLO for monitoring.  This is documented in both the User Guide and the Deployment and Management Guide located on the Enterprise Information Library.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo