1748073 Members
5024 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: After upgrade to 5.2, OS still shows as unknown

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

After upgrade to 5.2, OS still shows as unknown

My understanding of the new 5.2 version was the servers would now show the correct OS type, but all of mine still show as unknown:

Display of OS running on the server via User Interface and APIHPE OneView now displays the server operating system name and version on the Server Hardware Details screen andvia the HPE OneView API.The OS field is also searchable using plain text like Windows, or from the Server Hardware screen using the keywordoperatingSystem. For example, to search for all servers running RHEL 7.3, go to the Server Hardware screenand enter operatingSystem:"Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.3" in the Search field. Notethat this feature is only available for Gen10 and newer servers running an OS with the Agentless Management Service(AMS) installed

This is still what I see...even after I tried a refresh.

Capture.PNG

Is there something else that needs to happen to make this work?

Thanks

NK

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Can you go to the iLO and see if it reports the OS Version there?  If not, then the source of the problem is with the iLO not getting that data.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi NK 

OS Information is available on iLO and HPE OneView only when AMS is Installed on OS level.

Hence may I know the AMS version installed on OS level.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the response.  Where in the iLO (version 5 in this case) would I normally see the OS listed?  I checked the Information, System Information, and Firmware & OS Software tabs, but I dont even see a placeholder for where the OS version would be listed.

Thanks

Nelson

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the response.

After checking again, I now see about 20% of my servers show OS version in OneView.  I compared two servers, GEN10 with the iLO5, that is working for one but not the other.  They have:

• Identical OS (Windows 2016)
  • Identical BIOS version (U32 v1.42 (06/20/2018)
  • Identtical iLO firmware version (2.14)
  • Identical AMS installed...in this case 1.40

So both servers have 1.40 for AMS, yet only one is working for reporting the OS in Oneview.  I tried a refresh of the one that is not working, and still no OS.

Thanks

NK

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

I tried restarting the AMS service and then a refresh in OneView...no effect.

I then tried restarting iLO and then a refresh in OneView...no affect.

Thanks

NK

AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi NK

May I know if both working and non-working servers are holding same iLO License.

If yes, will you please check by reset iLO from iLO web console.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo