1753947 Members
7600 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Apparent bug with server profile template / manage local storage

Artinf
Occasional Visitor

Apparent bug with server profile template / manage local storage

I'm running into a pretty consistent issue with OneView (firmware v.2.00.02-0219211) when I'm editing a server profile template.  I'm essentially trying to configure the template to manage local storage, creating an ssd drive and configuring it as raid+1, but if I don't follow a very specific order, the interface hangs and I have to refresh my page and start over.

So my process is basically:

Create a new server profile
Setup options except manage local storage (bios, networks, etc.)  Save template.
Check the box for 'manage local storage.'  Save template.
Check the box for 'manage integrated controller' and 'initialize local storage'.  Save template.
Create logical drive (name:ssd1, raid1, sata ssd), select ssd1 as boot volume.  Save template.

Now, occasionally I'll go back into the template, and that whole section has now reverted to unchecked/unmanaged.  I can check it, but then it shows the options again.  if I hit submit here, it will freeze up again and I have to go through the entire process over again.  

Everything else seems to be working fine in this interface except for this little section.  When it freezes, it acts like it's submitting the changes but will sit there forever.  

1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Apparent bug with server profile template / manage local storage

Can you provide a bit more information?  What browser and version are you using?  Are you managing the appliance from a remote location?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo