108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Auto creation of _HPOneViewMonitor failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
KSM1
Advisor

Sorry, @ChrisLynch I totally forgot about this.

Here is a screenshot of the activity window.

Best Regards
Kenneth
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

First, I would start with regenerating your iLO Self-Signed Certificate, or deploy a real enterprise managed certificate to eliminate the certificate errors you have.  Second, I would need to see the details of the "Refresh" and "Refresh configuration" tasks by expanding the collapse icon on the left side of the window.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

KSM1
Advisor

frist, how do ypu regenerate the certicificate, I thougt that it did that automatic, and this is just the test fase to see if we are to proceed with this product. And so fare I like it a lot :)

I attached 2 pictures.

Best Regards
Kenneth
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

No, iLO Self-Signed Certificates are not automatically renewed.  Any Self-Signed Certificate can be spoofed and should never be used in a secure environment.

However, the message you provided in your screenshots is telling me that there is a networking issue between the HPE OneView appliance and the target iLO.  Are there any firewalls that would phyiscally or logicaly sit between the two?  Routing issue if they are in different L3 subnets?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

KSM1
Advisor

I have doubble ckecked the firewall settings and it is not there the problem lays.

I have sheduled a move of this blade to its old enclosure, then i can see if the problem was on the enclosure now or on the blade it self?

I will let you know how it went when the move is done on the 18th of March

Best Regards
Kenneth
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@KSM1may I ask why do you have a firewall between the appliance and the iLO's?  While we document the necessary ports OneView requires, we certainly have seen that architecture more trouble than it's worth.  The appliance is locked down and hardened that putting a firewall between the iLO's and the appliance really is not necessary.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

KSM1
Advisor

@ChrisLynch I did not read your post correctly, no there is not firewalls in between the appliance and ilo.

So I will see how it goes when I move it back to its old enclosure, becuase I havent yet tried to reseat it in the bay due to it is live right now :O)

Best Regards
Kenneth