4015 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Automatic log out.

EddievG
Visitor

Automatic log out.

Hi

Is there an option in Oneview to automatically log out the session after x amount of minutes?
Im running Oneview 4.10.04.

/Eddie

6 REPLIES 6
BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor

No, this feature does not exist today. 

From the OneView 4.20 User Guide:

A session remains valid until you log out or the session times out (for example, if a session is idle for a
longer period of time than the session idle timeout value).
The default timeout value is 24 hours. To change the value on a per-session basis, use POST /rest/
sessions/idle-timeout. You can change the value to 24 hours or less.

You will however notice that the appliance GUI constantly polls for information in the background even if the user is not performing any specific activity, that rarely does the idle timeout setting take effect.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

EddievG
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for the quick response.
How do i go about using POST?  Is it via the SSH session or somewhere else?

Sorry if its a stupid question but this is a new realm for me.

Regards
Eddie

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Are you using a Windows or Linux system?  If Windows, there is a very good powershell set of scripts that you can run.  If Linux, I just use curl to send the commands.  There are a few good blogs on the topic, but could stand to get updated.  :)

EddievG
Visitor

Hi

I'm using Windows.  If you have any links to the PS scripts i'd appriciate it.

Regards
Eddie

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Eddie,

First, after you log into the OneView gui, if you select the question mark at the upper right and then REST API reference, that give you a lot of information (not always clear and some errors).  :)

Second, a google search of "HPE OneView rest api" gives a lot.  Although, at the time I am writing this, HPE must be having web problems because most of them are coming up with an "Oops, can't find that page" message.  The PowerShell scripts are in github.  I think this might be part of them?  python-hpOneView

My biggest problem is that all of the HPE folks working on this seem to be doing it from Windows.  I have absolutely no Windows systems on the network where my servers and OneView is located and refuse to install one just to use powershell.  So, I am running everything from curl.  :)

Give some of that a try.

Regards,

Brad

EddievG
Visitor

Thanks for your help!
I'll give it a try.

/Eddie