1752568 Members
5576 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Bulk add of servers via csv file??

Sactown
Occasional Advisor

Bulk add of servers via csv file??

With thousands of HP/E servers, I cannot imagine adding each one by hand and then more time placing them into each rack.

I see a request for this was made back in 2014 , six years later, how is that coming along?

Something as simple as this:

iLO FQDN, iLO credentials, password, rack U, number(from bottom of device)

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

We have multiple ways to bulk add servers to OneView:

• In the Add Server Hardware dialog, you can specify a list of server IP addresses, hostnames (DNS must be propertly configured on the appliance, and the domain search suffix must match that of the appliance FQDN), or FQDN of the server iLO's.  Yes, you will need a common account on each iLO, and OneView will scan those values for potential hosts it can claim. 
  • You can automate this with a CSV, by using either Python or PowerShell.  We have libraries for both.  Feel free to ask questions here, or post them on the GitHub issues tracker.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Sactown
Occasional Advisor

Option one, I have thousands to add. My experience thus far with copy paste a list is if it fails on one in the list it stops entirely.

Option two, I need to write a script to do something mature software should do out of the box?

AmRa
HPE Pro

To import bulk servers in OneView appliance you can refer below link.

https://github.com/DungKHoang/Import-Export-OneView-Resources

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo