5597 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

C7000 Embedded OA OneView 16 server bundle

jlangmead
Regular Advisor

C7000 Embedded OA OneView 16 server bundle

Hi

I have a new deployment of OneView 4.10.04 and I'm planning on to import an existing C7000 enclosure fully populated with BL460c Gen9 blades. I understand that this enclosure was purchased with part number E5Y41AAE which I think is a 16 license bundle for OneView. 

Can anyone tell me how I can confirm that my OA has this license installed and also confirm that it should allow OneView to assign a license to all the blades during the import activity?

Additionally - I have looked at the iLOs of each installed blade and noticed that 14 blades are using iLO standard and 2 blades are using iLO advanced. I plan to set the licensing policy to "HPE OneView Advanced" but will this give an alert when it trys to assign a "HPE OneView Advanced w/o iLO" license to the two blades that already have the iLO advanced license installed?

many thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Re: C7000 Embedded OA OneView 16 server bundle

When you add the enclosure, oneview automatically detects the licenses and adds the servers to a pool. In your case when you add the enclosure, 14 servers will be using oneview advanced licence with ILO and 2 serves will be in a different pool with Oneview advanced w/o ILO. your oneview will be left with 2 oneview advanced with ILO licesces. 

Tyeps of License: http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/docs/enterprise/servers/oneview1.2/cic/en/content/s_licensing-about-fusion.html

Adding Enclosures: http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/docs/enterprise/servers/oneview1.2/cic/en/content/s_enc-about-fusion.html#s_enc-VCM-fusion

If you want all 16 servers in one pool using all 16 Oneview advance license with ILO, then you have remove the ILO advance license from the 2 servers 

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

jlangmead
Regular Advisor

OK thanks.

As i don't have any OneView w/o iLO licneses in the pool,  will this mean that I will just see an alert in OneView for licenses saying that two blades still need a license?

If I do nothing for these two blades and just ignore the alert will anything stop working in the future - eg does it apply an  eval license that will expire over time for these two servers?

Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Yes, you will see an alert. If you do not ignore the messages, it will not stop working. It works normally. 

Also it will not apply any evalution licenses until you manually apply them.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo