HPE OneView
1753454 Members
6162 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can't add more than four Network connections in Server Profile Template in Oneview

SOLVED
Go to solution
ebull
Occasional Contributor

Can't add more than four Network connections in Server Profile Template in Oneview

Hi,

We are attempting to create a Server Profile Template to have six network connections, three on Network 1 and three on Network 2 but when we go ahead and attempt to save the settings, I get an error stating

"Unable to Update profile template

Unable to peform auto assignment to the network "Network1" for connection 9, due to duplicate network on same physical port."

We want 1:1-a, 1:1-c, 1:1-d to talk to network 1 and 1:2-a, 1:2-c, 1:2-d to talk to network 2. Seems like the last additional network connection is not allowing it. We are using Auto when creating and have 630FLB adapter.

4 REPLIES 4
RR33
HPE Pro

Re: Can't add more than four Network connections in Server Profile Template in Oneview

What is the version of OV?

What is the model of server?

What is the OS installed?

Are we using any teaming/bonding?

Is it only on one server?

Do we have other identical servers NOT showing this issue?

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Kevin_B
Occasional Advisor

I was just told by someone on the OneView server profile team that we have never supported this. I'm reaching out for more information on possible alternatives.

Kevin_B
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Per the OneView team:

It is not possible to configure multiple connections to the same network on a physical port. Since you are asking for 3 connections to the same network, and have only 2 physical ports, it is not possible to configure.

For higher network throughput or availability, common practice is to configure connections on different physical ports. Given a single adapter, the supported configuration could have тАЬNetwork1тАЭ on 1:1-a and 1:2-a and тАЬNetwork2тАЭ on 1:1-c and 1:2-c.

ebull
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kevin,

You are correct. We can create two NICs each on Network 1 and Network 2. For the last NIC we plan on adding more physical Ethernet uplinks dedicated for a heartbeat vlan network.. I forgot I had these questions still up, we were able to get in touch with an HPE Oneview SME to help us out.