cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't apply profile to blade

Kerry Quillen
Frequent Advisor

Can't apply profile to blade

I just added my 7th blade enclosure to Oneview. This enclosure was in production and consists of all BL460C Gen8 blades booting ESXi 6.0 from SD card. Oneview is at 3.10. I created all profiles from same template and 15 of the blades boot fine. One however will fail during the profile application just after the ILO console displays message "Boot device is being configured by Virtual Connect. System will reboot shortly...". When the failure occurs, the console displays "This is not a bootable disk. Please insert a bootable floppy and press any key...". If I unassign the profile and reboot the blade it boots ESXi just fine. I've tried numerous things - reset ILO, reseat the blade, create a fresh profile, reset bios to defaults, reinstall intelligent provisioning, etc, etc. Nothing works. There are no errors in ILO logs. Errors reported in Oneview are:

Unable to get response back from Smart Update Tool within the expected amount of time.

The firmware update operation failed. Unable to boot the SPP.

2 REPLIES
ChrisLynchHPE
Neighborhood Moderator

Re: Can't apply profile to blade

The behavior you are experiencing is similar to the reported iLO issues other customers have discussed here. Please see this CA: http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04996097. If your iLO firmware is older than 2.55, please update it and follow the guidance in the CA.
Kerry Quillen
Frequent Advisor

Re: Can't apply profile to blade

I upgraded ILO fw from 2.50 to 2.54 and the issue is resolved.  Thanks