5191 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Can't make web connection to newly installed OneView appliance

SamuliM
Occasional Visitor

Can't make web connection to newly installed OneView appliance

Hi.

I'm having problem making browser connection to newly installed OneView 3.0 VMware appliance.

The appliance is connected to network and I have checked that I have connection from workstation to ports 80 and 443. Still browser is not opening any page from appliance. 

On vmware console I can login to appliance but there is no way to troubleshoot the connection issue from that end.

Any ideas how to proceed with this?

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Can't make web connection to newly installed OneView appliance

You actually can test connectivity from the appliance to your network.  Go to the console, then Settings, then click on Network.  There will be an Actions menu, and a Ping option.  You can test IPv4 ICMP from the appliance to something on your network.

Have you verified the IPv4 Subnet Mask or Default Gateway is/are correct?  OneView would have detected a duplicate IP Address and reported that back to you.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

SamuliM
Occasional Visitor

The problem is not in the network connection itself. Nor the firewalls.

I have tested ping from both directions (workstation <-> Appliance) and it works. I have also made succesfull Telnet connections to 80 and 443 ports from workstation to Appliance to rule out possible firewall issues.

I also gone as far to capture network traffic from workstation to see that browser sends http request to appliance and only receives 1 packet back from appliance and then all dead.

Browser don't even report that site not found or anything else. It just tries to load indefinetly the page.

And as there is not any logs on appliance end to examine I feel quite powerless on the situation. I have tried rebooting the appliance with no success to problem.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Have you checked your hypervisor vSwitch configuration?  If you have confirmed that you gave it an appropriate IPv4 Address, with the correct IPv4 subnetmask and gateway, then there is an issue with your underlying network connectivity.  The only further step I would suggest at this point is to open a support case.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo