HPE OneView
1748003 Members
4690 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Query: Can you use OneView or iLO Amp Pack tell me the current BIOS on a particular Host

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Can you use OneView or iLO Amp Pack tell me the current BIOS on a particular Host

I need to check the BIOS settings on some hosts, but i don't want to reboot them to find the settings.

I can see with OneView if the host had a profile, i could force the settings. So I wondered if you could use OneView to just report what the settings are, without having to reboot the host(S)

Thanks In Advance

5 REPLIES 5
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Can you use OneView or iLO Amp Pack tell me the current BIOS on a particular Host

System recommended content:

1. iLO Amplifier Pack 2.10 User Guide

2. iLO Amplifier Pack

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

TKop
HPE Pro

Re: Can you use OneView or iLO Amp Pack tell me the current BIOS on a particular Host

If the server is managed in OV, the profile can show the current settings.  You can also use the REST API to get the BIOS settings for a managed server: 

GET /rest/server-hardware/{id}/bios

I work for HPE
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Can you use OneView or iLO Amp Pack tell me the current BIOS on a particular Host

When HPE OneView is managing a server with a server profile, it can report what the actual and expected BIOS settings are.  If someone makes a change to the server BIOS, it will be flag/report as Not Compliant.  You do not need to view this from the REST API.  It is in the Server Profile view, in the BIOS sub-view in the UI.

iLO Amp does not have any feature like this, as it is specific to iLO and firmware management.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

I've not used the oneview restful api, can you give me some pointers to get that command to work? also how i would filter that to work on a few servers, and not for everything on the oneview appliance

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

If you know the uri for the server, you can retrieve the BIOS settings with:

# I run some commands to set the following variables:
currentVersion=3400
sessionID=<current session ID>
OneView="https://<fqdn of OneView>"
curl --insecure --header "X-API-Version: ${currentVersion}" --header "auth: ${sessionID}" \
--request GET ${OneView}/rest/server-hardare/<uri>/bios | jq -r '.'