7478 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Change IP Address of OneView Appliance

omartinFE
Occasional Contributor

Change IP Address of OneView Appliance

Hello,

Not sure if this question has been answered before in this forums, but i wanted to know if there was any special considerations that need to be known before changing the IP address of the Oneview appliance. We are currently moving to a Top Of Rack Network swtich environment and this new environment has an Different IP Space.

We are currently running version 2.00.02-0219211.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Change IP Address of OneView Appliance

Are you also changing the IP Address of the managed or monitored endpoints as well, or just the HPE OneView appliance?  If just the appliance, then it is pretty straightforward.  After the appliance IP Address has been updated, it will auto refresh all resources and update the applied monitoring configuration so the managed/monitored endpoint will forward their SNMP traps to the appliances new IP Address.  If the Hostname also changes, then the certificate will also be regenerated (if you are using self-signed) and deploy that new configuration during the same auto-refresh task.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

dan_pa
Occasional Advisor

Customer is planing to move the OV Vm to another site, does it matter to change ip before appliance shutdown, or after the restart?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I would change the IP Address of the appliance after it has been phiscally moved to the other site.  Then, use the VM remote console (aka Virtual KVM) to change the IP Address of the appliance.  But either way, I'd change the IP Address via the VM remote console.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo