5421 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Change netwrok for HPE OneView

ogleo
Advisor

Change netwrok for HPE OneView

Hello evrybody,

I need to change "Network settings" for my HPE OneView (all components).
Now I changed IP address for Composer and work properly but I have problem with rest component of HPE Synergy like:
Device Bays  (ILO for servers)
- Interconnect Bays

6 REPLIES 6
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Change netwrok for HPE OneView

System recommended content:

1. HPE OneView 7.0 Release Notes | HPE OneView User Guide for VMs and HPE OneView API Reference

2. HPE OneView 7.0 User Guide for HPE Synergy | Certificates in HPE OneView

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

ogleo
Advisor

Re: Query: Change netwrok for HPE OneView

Hello,

Thanks a lot but what do yum mean to give me this link I don't understand:

System recommended content:

1. HPE OneView 7.0 Release Notes | HPE OneView User Guide for VMs and HPE OneView API Reference

doument_reference.PNG

Mark-S
HPE Pro

Re: Change netwrok for HPE OneView

The Enclosure Group contain the settings for how iLO and Interconnect receive IPs.

Address Pools, DHCP, or Manage External.

How are they being managed now?

If Address Pools, then that is what you need to make modifcations to.
If DHCP or Manage Externally, there is nothing to do from OneView side if that is how you continue to server out IPs.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

ogleo
Advisor

Hello,

I using Address Pools.
I created Adress Pools from my new VLAN (the same VALN is for Composer) and add them into Enclosuer Group but ILO's addresses are getting from old address pool, perhaps because there is configure automatics DNS, but for my new address_pool no.

Perhaps DNS configuration for new address pool resovle my problem.
Another question I must use DNS or no????

DanCernese
HPE Pro

When I have run into challenges changing the pool in the past, I added an extra step (bold below) that helped me when I do a complete re-IP:

1. Take a manual backup of the appliance.
  2. Add an ID pool with the required number of IP addresses.
  1. Update the management appliance with the new static addresses
    1. change composer2 iLO addresses
    2. ? change VLAN on mgmt ?
    3. add to networks
    4. add to network set
    5. add to LIG; update LI
    6. fix templates
    7. fix profiles
  2. From the main menu, select SERVERS > Enclosure Groups, and select the enclosure group to edit. Select Actions > Edit to change the IPv4 iLO / interconnect configuration to use DHCP, instead of the address pool.
    A message is displayed asking you to update the logical enclosure associated with the enclosure group.
  3. From the main menu, select SERVERS > Logical Enclosures, and select the logical enclosure to edit. Select Actions > Update from group.
    Verify that all the devices and interconnects are assigned with the new IP address range in the IP Addresses view of the logical enclosure screen.
  4. From the main menu, select SERVERS > Enclosure Groups, and select the enclosure group to edit. Select Actions > Edit to change the IPv4 iLO / interconnect configuration to use the address pool, instead of DHCP.
    A message is displayed asking you to update the logical enclosure associated with the enclosure group.
  5. From the main menu, select SERVERS > Logical Enclosures, and select the logical enclosure to edit. Select Actions > Update from group.
    Verify that all the devices and interconnects are assigned with the new IP address range in the IP Addresses view of the logical enclosure screen.
  6. From the main menu, select Settings > Addresses and Identifiers > Actions > Edit, and delete the old IP address pool.
    1. remove from network set
      1. update LI
      1. remove from LIG
    1. remove network
I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Mark-S
HPE Pro

DNS should not have anything to do with the ILO or Interconnects receiving a new IP from address pool.
This is a optional configuration parameter.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo