4879 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Changing The IP Addresses of a Blade Enclosure Managed By OneView

Gaisu
Advisor

Changing The IP Addresses of a Blade Enclosure Managed By OneView

Hello,

I'm planning to change the WHOLE IP addresses settings in a certain Bleade Enclosure inclusing OA, VC(management only) and iLO's., this Blade is being managed by OneView and its on production, so after I change the IP addresses using OnBoard Admin the OneView will lose its connectivity to the blade.

Will I be able to change the IP addresses on OneView so it recognise the new IP address for the blade and keep the configurations or not?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Re: Changing The IP Addresses of a Blade Enclosure Managed By OneView

Following.  I have to do this will all of my enclosures to move them behind a firewall.  Once that's done I have to change ip address of Oneview console and move it behind the firewall

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

If you change all of the IPv4 addresses within the management network of a C7000 enclosure, you can do that.  Just make sure to then go to the appliance, select Actions -> Refresh.  This should generate a prompt for you to provide the primary OA address and credentials.  I would strongly suggest you do this during a maintenance window, and during non-peak hours.

As for also changing the HPE OneView address, that is going to take time depending on how many resources you have managed/monitored.  You will have to manually refresh each Enclosure and non-BL server hardware so the appliance can prompt you for the updated address.  If you have non-BL server hardware, it would help to know if you added them via their IPv4 address or FQDN.  If IPv4 Address, unfortunately, it will require a bit more than just change iLO IP and refresh":

1. Power down the server
  2. Unassign the Server Profile (if Managed, skip if Monitored)
  3. Remove the Server Hardware from the console
  4. Change the iLO IPv4 Address to the new value
  5. Add the server hardware back with the IPv4 Address, or preferably the FQDN of the iLO
  6. Re-assign the Server Profile (if Managed)

If you added your non-BL servers via their FQDN, you can omit the 6 steps above.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Brandon Potter

Hi Chris/*.*

We need to physically move a number of C7000s due to a DC migtration project.

The C7000s will need to be moved to a new IP range.

The C7000s are managed by ONEIVEW.  The C7000s/OAs etc were added using IP and NOT FQDN.

Looking at this thread it looks like we wont be able to "REFRESH" because we have used IP, but i dont fully understand what we do need to do.

What is the process we will need to follow and what is the likely impact.  My assumption is we should move to the enclosures to FQDN before the move,

MeFromil
Frequent Advisor

hi 

From experience only , i thinks that the best way is to change the standby OV to the new ip range 

keep the primary OA witout any changes , 

refreshe the Enc from one view .

The second stage  is  is role the standby OA  to active refreshe  it will ask for the USER NAME AND PASSWORD

after oneview will stop refresh 

change the "new" standby and the server  ip and refresh  once again the enc 

have fun