108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Clear profile alerts

SOLVED
Go to solution
BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Clear profile alerts

I have about ten servers that we were having trouble applying some firmware from the server profile.  We extracted the firmware from the SPP and applied directly to each iLO.  The firmware on each server is all up-to-date.  However, the profile still has one or more errors in the activity section which makes the profile flag as red.  I've run several refreshes, but nothing seems to clear this.  I don't see any option to clear these status messages.  Does anyone have an idea how to do this?  OneView is vs 6.60.

5 REPLIES 5
MV3
HPE Pro

Hi There,

Each alert includes the following information about the event it reports: severity, state, description, and urgency. You can clear alerts, assign owners to alerts, and add notes to alerts.

While alerts have an active or locked state, they contribute to the overall displayed status for a resource. After you change their state to Cleared, they no longer affect the displayed status.

Locked Alerts are conditions that require physical resolution. You can't clear them through the UI or API.

Anyone with the appropriate role (Server Administrator role in this case) or Infrastructure Administator role, can clear Alerts/Activity that can be manually Cleared.

This is not limited to the Administrator account within OneView.

Cheers..

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Not really sure what to do?  The error states that "update from template failed.  The firmware upate operation was unable to update the following components on server xxx-ilo: firmware-nvmebackplane-gen10-1.24-2.1.x86_64.rpm (SHFW_036)."  On those servers, we scp'd over the firmware-nvmebackplane-gen10-1.24-2.1.x86_64.rpm and installed it.  We ran the installation script and rebooted the servers.  Checking the firmware page in iLO also shows this.  I would expect running a refresh from OneView should update this and clear the error, but it does not.  What else can I possible do to clear the error?  The servers are in production.  We had them pulled out twice in the past week to get the OS and firmware updated.  It would be difficult to ask the users for another outage so soon.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Since that component failed, you might need to clear the iLO Installation Queue in the Firmware & OS Software section.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,  I checked them all.  The firmware installation queue is empty.

BradV
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

I think we got around this by unassigning the profile then re-assiging.