Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect-HPOVMgmt - certificate error

serverAdmin99
Occasional Contributor

Connect-HPOVMgmt - certificate error

Hi,

When trying to run this cmdlet :

HPOneView.120\Connect-HPOVMgmt -appliance hostname.com -User Admin -password mypasswordhere

I get the following error :

Send-HPOVRequest : The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
At C:\Users\myuser\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\HPOneView.120\HPOneView.120.psm1:2219 char:38
+ $applianceVersion = (Send-HPOVRequest $script:applXApiVersion).c ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Send-HPOVRequest

Send-HPOVRequest : The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
At C:\Users\myuser\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\HPOneView.120\HPOneView.120.psm1:2255 char:21
+ $resp = Send-HPOVRequest $script:loginSessionsUri POST $authinfo
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Send-HPOVRequest

and then this:

[HPONEVIEW]: [Not Connected] PS C:\Users\myuser>

The firewall team checked and they can see the connection going thru and being made (ports 52018 and 52019). I have tried with my ldap credentials and the local admin account, as well as FQDN and IP. All failed. I can log in to the gui just fine. And the "[NOT Connected]" part of the prompt is true, other commands run from there fail because of a lack of connection. Also I found the other thread on this, there was no answer given because OP never responded.

thanks.

1 REPLY
ChrisLynchHPE
Neighborhood Moderator

Re: Connect-HPOVMgmt - certificate error

I have posted a new issue on the HP Oneview PowerShell GitHub issue tracker.  This is a bug that was found late last night.  During testing, we never encountered the issue, but found out that the testing environment was using CA signed certificates, which would never fail SSL Certificate Validation.  To work around this, use the Import-HPOVSslCertificate cmdlet to add the self-signed certificate to the trusted roots store on your system.  A fix has been created, but will be released after additional testing is performed.  Please feel free to add more data or other comments to the Issues Tracker item.