New Discussion

Creating new enclosure group and moving the the enclosures within

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jundi
Advisor

Creating new enclosure group and moving the the enclosures within

Hello,

I have oneview 1.2, we need to create a new enclosure group and move 6 enclosures fully populated to the new enclosure group.

Apparently it's not possible to do so without removing the enclosure from oneview and readding it aggain but my question is will i lose my vWWN since i need to unassign the server profile before removing the enclosure from oneview ?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Creating new enclosure group and moving the the enclosures within

Once you add (or claim) an Enclosure for management, the only way to move it to a different Enclosure Group is to then remove it from the appliance first.  Yes, this will require downtime.  Yes, this will mean all servers within the enclosure(s) will need to be powered off.  And yes, you will need to recreate your Server Profiles.

Why do you need to recreate your Server Profiles?  Because they are locked to both the Server Hardware Type and the Enclosure Group specified when you created them.  Can you restore the original addresses when recreating Server Profiles?  Yes, and you must select User Defined MAC, User Defined WWN and User Defined Serial Number at the bottom of the Create Server Profile screen.  You can then specify the orignal addresses after the original Server Profile(s) has(have) been removed.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo