1748235 Members
3580 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Custom Gen8 SPP download fails

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Custom Gen8 SPP download fails

I am trying to create and download a custom Gen8 SPP to upload into Oneview.  Once created the download starts but gets about 80% complete and fails with a message stating "needs authorization".  To create my bundle I choose SPP Gen8.1, Microprocessor Vulnerability ROM Updates Gen8.2 and Hot Fix Bundle Gen8.9.  After selecting my filters the total size is 2.5gb.  Download always fails at 2.1gb.  Tried different browsers and pc's.  Custom Gen9 bundles download with no issues.

7 REPLIES 7
ronissac
Trusted Contributor

Re: Custom Gen8 SPP download fails

Hi , 

Please refer to the below advisory which has a fix for the above issue

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00026907en_us

Regards 

Ronny

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Thanks but that does not really apply to my situation.  I am not using HP SUM to create my SPP, I'm using the portal.  The download from the portal is what's failing, not uploading to Oneview. 

ronissac
Trusted Contributor

Hi , 

Please log a support case with HPE so we may check this from our end 

https://internal.support.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc/scm/submitCase

Regards 

Ronny

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

I logged a case with support.  They tested the download and had the same issue.  Said it was a poblem with their website and suggeted I log an incident with their Website assistance page - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/usageSupport/jumpPage.  I did that over a week ago but have not gotten a response.  I also now find that there is now no option ocreate a custom Gen8 spp on the HPE website.

Vajith V
HPE Pro

Our Lab has confirmed that entitled customers outside of the HPE network should be able to download custom SPP, but the download speed may not be as usual. Also the “customization” ability for SPPs Gen8.1 and G7.1 have been temporarily removed and will be restored when this issue is totally fixed. 

Regards,
Vajith

I am an HPE employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Javier_Montreal
Occasional Visitor

Has this problem been fixe yet?? Im having the same problem as Vajith and I need to have the SPP for tomorrow

Vajith V
HPE Pro

Customization of the Post-Production SPPs has been restored.  However, the partial download issue is still in place for the older SPPs. It is related to SUM version7.X and older, which are being stopped by the HPE Firewall security.  That will not change. 

Regards,
-Vajith

I am an HPE employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo