cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom SPP w/ Enclosure Firmware Management filter

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Custom SPP w/ Enclosure Firmware Management filter

Using SPP 2018.03.0B, I am trying to create a custom SPP by selecting the Enclosure Firmware Management filter option.  I select no other options.  When I upload this SPP to Oneview, it tells me that this firmware bundle does not meet minimum requirements and ia missing OA, ILO4, ILO5 and VC firmware.  I tried several other filter options and not until I select Windows 2012 as an OS option does it all those 4 components.  Anyone else have this issue? 

2 REPLIES
ChrisLynchHPE
Neighborhood Moderator

Re: Custom SPP w/ Enclosure Firmware Management filter

You need to also select RHEL 6 or 7 as an OS option.  The offline or out of band components must be Linux RPM's, which if you only select Windows as the OS for your baseline will not include them.

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Re: Custom SPP w/ Enclosure Firmware Management filter

When I select the Enclosure Firmware Management filter option, it automatically selects these other options:

Architecture - x64

OS - SLES 11 and SLES 12

C7000 Enclosure Components - OA, VC and SAS BL switch interconnects

BIOS - System ROM

Firmware - it selects all options (ILO, Network, Disks, etc) except others

Server Model - selects all BL series models

This creates a baseline with only 12 components most of which are HDD firmware.  If I go back and manually add all of the RHEL options it still only results in a baseline with the same 12 components.  No ILO, OA or VC.  Maybe I don't understand what this filter option is supposed to do.  The Enclosure Firmware Management option is not available in the online custom SPP page.  I only see that when I download the full SPP and run it from my local drive.