5839 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Custom spp's within Oneview

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Custom spp's within Oneview

Two questions:

1. After creating custom spp's within Oneview (spp + hotfix) can the original spp and hotfix be deleted?

2. Most of our templates in Oneview for Gen10 servers have the firmware installation method set to "Firmware and OS Drivers using Smart Update Tools".  This has been working fine with spp's as they are downloaded from HPE.  Any issues with using creating and using a custom spp with SUT deployment method?

2 REPLIES 2
Mark-S
HPE Pro

1. After creating custom spp's within Oneview (spp + hotfix) can the original spp and hotfix be deleted?

Yes, as long as they are no longer being used as a baseline for anything, you can delete both original and the hotfix.

2. Most of our templates in Oneview for Gen10 servers have the firmware installation method set to "Firmware and OS Drivers using Smart Update Tools".  This has been working fine with spp's as they are downloaded from HPE.  Any issues with using creating and using a custom spp with SUT deployment method?

I am no aware of any issues using SUTwith custom SPP.

Below document has some information as well as using HP SUM to build Custom SPP.

https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00114984en_us

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

We have not heard any issues with reference to creating and using a custom SPP with SUT deployment method.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo