4213 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Cutom SPP with BIOS 2.40 Gen10

Marcel_D
Advisor

Cutom SPP with BIOS 2.40 Gen10

Hi all,

I've created a Custom SPP with the BIOS-Update 2.40 for DL360+DL380 Gen10 on Base-SPP 2020.09.0. Patches Include Windows, ESX and Linux.oneview_1.jpg

When I attach this Custom-SPP to a Profile-Template and Update the Server Profiles, the Firmware-Section of the Server-Profile does not show an Update for the System ROM (OS-Independent).

oneview_2.jpg

Files included:

firmware-system-u32-2.40_2020_10_26-1.1.x86_64.rpm
firmware-system-u30-2.40_2020_10_26-1.1.x86_64.rpm
cp045359.exe

cp045738.exe
U32_2.40_10_26_2020.fwpkg
U30_2.40_10_26_2020.fwpkg

In the Content-List of the SPP, instead of "Online ROM Flash  Component..." it just shows (Sorry, I'm not responsible for the format of the picture): 

oneview_3.jpg

Any Solutions for that?

Appliance FW: 5.30.00-0421400

Sut-Version 2.7

7 REPLIES 7
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Cutom SPP with BIOS 2.40 Gen10

Have you checked by booting server with custom SPP image and on inventory page is it showing BIOS-Update 2.40 required?

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Marcel_D
Advisor

No, I created the Custom SPP in OneView.

I have updated the Appliance to Version 5.5 in the meantime. Now it found a new package from the Custom SPP, but only shows the date and does not install it:

oneview_4.jpg

Korbinian
Advisor

Same issue here with OneView 5.50 and SPP 2020.09.0 and added System ROM 2.40.

How can I create a Custom SPP that can be used with OneView?

uzimmermann
Frequent Advisor

For several months now, OneView has only given me errors when any updates include BIOS updates. There was an advisory about it at some point but it was supposed to be fixed. It doesn't matter if I add the Windows or the Linux packages to a custom built SPP via OnewVIew or not.

I am so fed up with OneView at this point, that I am doing BIOS updates manual via powershell instead. Oh why did we pay HPE all this money for OneView when they can't fix this crap.,

Marcel_D
Advisor

I have now created a bootable Custom SPP with exact the same packages (SPP + Bios-Files) on a separate Server with an actual SUM-Version and loaded it into OneView. -> Expect it to be the same Package, I created before in OV.

NOW, OV recognizes the new BIOS Version but the Installation fails. After I reboot the server, the Update over OV works and I have to do another Reboot. Just restarting SUT, restarting iLo or reapplying the Server Profile does not work.

Again, this is not satisfying.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Can you tell us if the SPP you are using is the Synergy baseline or full baseline?  There is an enherent issue with baselines that are subgeneration versions (a baseline created from a child baseline) that will not properly merge the hotfix or smart component into it.  This mainly only happens with Synergy baselines.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

NOW, OV recognizes the new BIOS Version but the Installation fails. 

OneView simply parses the SPP meta data in order to display the component information.  Installation is handled by HPSUM, not OneView directly.  OneView only builds a script if you will to instruct HPSUM to install identified components.  There are conditions OV looks for to help address certain scenarios where known components are prone to fail during installation and instruct HPSUM to re-install the component.

Do you by chance have a support case for this issue?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo