cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL inventory in OneView

MCSAP
Advisor

DL inventory in OneView

I'm trying to figure out how to view the hardware inventory of my DL Gen9 & 10 servers in OneView 4.20.01.01 instance.  I've used the web console, powershell, and restapi to see if I can find the hard drive inventory specifically.  It doesn't seem possible for rack mount servers or I'm not that advanced.

Any ideas on how I can get an inventory of hardware components of my DL servers?  Current use case is to query our servers with the same model SSD devices.

DL380G9.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Siddhartha_M
Advisor

Re: DL inventory in OneView

Hello,

Please check the below user guide and management guide.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00037746en_us&docLocale=en_US

https://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-a00064085en_us-1.pdf

For further support please log a support case.

I am HPE Employee

I am a HPE Employee
MCSAP
Advisor

I appreciate the links to the guides; however, they do not go into detail on the inventory reporting through the GUI, POWERCLI, or RESTAPI.

Anyone have luck pulling hardware component inventory from the DL servers in OneView?

ChrisLynchHPE
Neighborhood Moderator

Unfortunately, that is a gap with rack mount servers (DL/ML/Apollo) within OneView today.  Do know that we are addressing this in a future update.  However, since we have not announced any future releases yet, I am unable to comment in a public form.  If you have an active NDA with HPE, I would kindly ask you reach out to your HPE account team to find out about an HPE OneView roadmap meeting.  We can then share our plans and future directions there.

Accept or Kudo

MCSAP
Advisor

Chris, I appreciate your candor by admitting this is a gap with the product.  One of many gaps in my opinion.  OneView has been around for years with muliple revisions now and from my understanding it is supposedly the manager of managers for our HPE infrastructure.  However, we are unable to use it for even rudimentary activities such as pulling hardware inventories of our systems.

I've posted my frustrations with using OneView to patch ESXi hosts and all the caveats.  Add this to the ever growing list - I'm certain there will be more as I work more with the product and HPE hardware. 

I really hope HPE engineers are listening to the customer base and hearing our frustrations with the solution.  

ChrisLynchHPE
Neighborhood Moderator

Yes, we in product management and R&D listen to customer feedback.  In fact, a number of threads on this forum has been used to justify feature prioritization.  One example would be feedback on being able to display the OS hostname in the Server Hardware inventory like the c-Class Onboard Administrator can.

If you are coming to HPE Discover 2019 Las Vegas next month, you will have opportunities to talk to us directly.  Otherwise, I would again suggest you reach out to your sales team to setup a meeting with us to discuss this topic in greater detail.

Accept or Kudo

Highlighted

The Powershell cmdlets will provide many details regarding the disk drives in DL (Gen 8 & Gen 9) servers.  

Use the Get-HPEiLoSmartArrayStorageController cmdlet.   I have a PS script that writes this info out to a spreadsheet.

PS Cmdlets.jpgGet-HPEiLoSmartArrayStorageController