1748104 Members
4999 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380-Gen10's return error after being added to Oneview

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

DL380-Gen10's return error after being added to Oneview

I have 2 new DL380-Gen10's that I am trying to add to Oneview.  I am unable to complete the "Add Server Hardware" step but when complete I get this message:

"Unable to discover network adapter information because the data returned from the management processor was not as expected"  

The recommended resolution  is to reset the ILO and then refresh the server hardware.  This has not worked.  I've tried deleting and re-adding the servers, disabling the network adapters, applying the latest SPP and rebooting Oneview.  Alos verified that its not a firewall issue.

It also will not allow me to apply a profile.

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: DL380-Gen10's return error after being added to Oneview

Unfortunately, this is a new issue we have had a few customers escalate. This is due to certain adapters incorrectly reporting certain device level data and OneView doesn't handle it correctly. The workaround here is to reset the ILO (device reset) and then try again. We will have a mitigation in place in an upcoming OneView release. We are also trying to investigate the adapter issue as well.

If you plan to, or already have a case open, please tell the support engineer to reference SIE214182. This is an internal ID used to track this issue a cross various other customer support cases.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Thanks.  Resetting the ILO has not worked.  Guess I'll wait for the fix.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I would suggest you then open a support case, and reference the SEI I provided above.  The case should go to L2.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo