HPE OneView
1748143 Members
3544 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 motherboard replacement completed. How to retrieve the HPE Oneview advance license

jackielim76
Occasional Visitor

DL380 motherboard replacement completed. How to retrieve the HPE Oneview advance license

Hi,

One of the DL380 physical motherboard replacement done with iLO advance key install but when try to add this server into the One View then it only allow to monitored rather than managed status. Please advise how to fix this.

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: DL380 motherboard replacement completed. How to retrieve the HPE Oneview advance license

The license is stored within the appliance.  Did anyone do the following:

• Ensure the replaced system board is programmed with the original serial number?
  • Does the iLO have the same subsystem hostname and IP address?

Did anyone remove the server from OneView prior to replacing the system board?  If so, that is a completely unnecessary step, and one that shouldn't have been done.

If the server is still listed in the server hardware inventory screen on the appliance, do a refresh of the hardware if the iLO on the replaced system board is reconfigured with the same IP address.  In case it has a new address, OneView should prompt you for the new IP address or FQDN and credentials, so it can properly refresh and reconfigure the iLO.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

jackielim76
Occasional Visitor

Hi ChrisLynch,

The onsite HP Engineer had replace the board then set the original serial number. Plus we use back the same ILO IP address and hostname. Just the different is my colleague remove the existing One View server profile or entry then add the server again then it not allow to be manage the server. Do you have anyway to let us create the server profile on this server or allow to manage this server from One View again.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Go to the server inventory, and validate that the license assigned is OneView Standard. If so, you'll need to remove it from. The appliance then add it back. Making sure that you select Managed as the type, then OneView Advanced as the license type.

In the future, you do not unassign the profile, nor do you remove it from the appliance when the system board needs to be replaced.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

jackielim76
Occasional Visitor

License details.JPGServer hardware.JPGLicense details.JPGWe have 15 license but I am not able to add another host after replce the motherboard.

How can I release the 1 OneView license from the OneView server then allow me to add back the host again.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The server that had its system board replaced must be reconfigured with the original serial number and product number.  The service engineer who did that replacement must do that process before completing the work.  Then, OneView will re-assign the license key (within OneView, NOT in the iLO, as that has never been the case), based on the servers identified serial number and UUID.  You cannot remove or move a license to another server.  This is all done automatically within OneView.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo