1752369 Members
6065 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Determining server hardware type

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Determining server hardware type

Is there a way to determine what the hardware type of a server is prior to adding it to Oneview?  For instance, I have a number of Gen8 blades that Oneview identifies with a -1 through -4 suffix.  Each requires its own template and profile.  I'd like to determine this hardware type before importing my remaining enclosures so i could precreate my profiles.  Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The Server Hardware Type is automatically created based on the following characteristics:

1. Base server model (i.e. BL460c Gen9)
  2. Adapter model and location.

If the remaining enclosures have the same hardware as what you already have, no further Server Hardware Types will be created.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

the remaining enclosures do have the same hardware as what I already have in Oneview.  But in order to precreate my profiles I have to know the specific hardware types - are the BL460C Gen8-2, BL460C Gen8-3, etc? 

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Yes.

And you can rename those resources to something more descriptive for you.  For instance, if one of the BL460c Gen8 1 resources contains a certain type of adapter layout for a specific workload, rename it to something descriptive for the workload.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo