4739 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Difference in licences between Oneview standalone and Oneview for Vcentre

Andrew_R
Advisor

Difference in licences between Oneview standalone and Oneview for Vcentre

Good afternoon all.

My customer had purchased 15 Oneview for Vcentre licences as part of a Hpe support renewal on their hosted equipment. We are deploying Oneview 4.20 and would like to know if there is any way the licences can be changed to Oneview standalone licences as we are having major difficulty deploying it to our test environement and would prefer to use the licences on a standalone instance of Oneview for now. 

Thanks in advance for the help

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

What SKU did your customer purchase?  We do not have a license for our VMware vCenter or Microsoft System Center plugins outside of the HPE OneView Advanced license - which provides the LTU right to use either the VMware vCenter or MS System Center plugins.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Andrew_R
Advisor

Hi Chris.

The product no on the invoice is F6Q89A and 15 were purchased in total. When I tried to apply the licence which was provided by the licence portal Oneview standalone said that the licence key was invalid. What could be causing this issue? 

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

F6Q89A is an HPE OneView Advanced server bundled SKU.  So the OneView license is embedded within the iLO.  All you need to do is insert the blade into an enclosure that is Managed by an HPE OneView appliance, and the appliance will not only discover the new server, but also the embedded license.  There are no license keys for the HPE OneView for vCenter plugin.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Andrew_R
Advisor

Thanks for confirming this Chris. 

It seems that the reseller may have sold the wrong sku as the blades had been in production for 4 years prior to the purchase of the support renewal and the oneview licences. 

Is there any way to get this changed? 

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The SKU you provided is only available to purchase along with new server hardware.  You cannot buy it as a single item alone.  So I'm not sure how your customer was able to get that license without buying any new server hardware that the SKU is supported with.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Andrew_R
Advisor

Thanks for clarifying that. I will discover the first of the 2 chassis tonight to see if it detects the licences. I am aware that several of the blades have had their systemboards replaced but we have kept records of the ilo licences so hopefully the reapplied licences will be properlly recognised by the appliance.