1748051 Members
5446 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Do not update OV to 4.2 if you have ILO 4 2.61 or Vice versa

Ralph1969
Advisor

Do not update OV to 4.2 if you have ILO 4 2.61 or Vice versa

Just got word form HP of a probleme with OV 4.2 and ILO4 2.61.
In certain condition the ILO is flooding the OV of tasks at 5k/hr causing timeout and freezing OV.

They saw the problem with 2.61 only so far, they working on fix as we speak.

Save the cheerleader save the world....
3 REPLIES 3
m_icha
HPE Pro

Hello  Ralph1969,

Have you tried to upgrade to 4.2 and you faced a similar issue? if so, what is the certain condition that you are reffering too?

m_icha

I'm an HPE Employee
Need assistance? Contact HPE Support
How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Ralph1969
Advisor

I personnaly didnt have the issue.

I've been warn by email by the HPE engineer on our compagny contract and i'm sharing it with the community in case anyone having the issue or to avoid it.

I can't give any name but here's a copy of the email. unfortunatly for some it's in french but google tranlate can help figuring it out.
"

Le probl├иme d├йcouvert tout r├йcemment pour les environnements OV ├а 4.20 avec iLO 2.61 sur des Gen8 et Gen9 est une inondation de RIS events ├а un tel rythme que OV nтАЩarrive plus ├а suivre.  OV тАШnettoyeтАЩ les t├вches compl├йt├йes ├а un rythme de 1000 t├вches/heures.  Ce probl├иme dтАЩinondation cr├йe des t├вches ├а un rythme de plus de 5k/heures, causant le index db de devenir beaucoup trop grand, r├йsultant ├а des time-outs, qui eux-m├кmes emp├кchent OV de d├йmarrer, sтАЩil doit ├кtre red├йmarr├й.  Les ├йquipes dev/ing├йnieurs travaille sur la solution.  Je nтАЩai pas de ETA en ce moment.   On ne recommande pas de remonter sur une version pr├йc├йdente de OV.  Ce probl├иme  a ├йt├й d├йcouvert quand iLO est ├а 2.61.  Je viens de terminer une discussion avec un N3 et il me confirme que des investigations sont en cours pour voir si ceci se passe avec dтАЩautre version de iLO. 

Save the cheerleader save the world....
Ralph1969
Advisor