1753952 Members
7623 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Synergy OneView 6.00.01

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Download HPE OneView update archive

Folks have posted a number of topics here asking where to get older HPE OneView updates in order to update older appliance versions to current version.  We added a new HPE OneView Archive for appliance updates on the MyEnterpriseLicense portal.  You can get to the HPE OneView Release Archive here.  Please know that we have not maintained all versions within the archive.  Only those that are within the supported update path in order for you to update your appliance to a current supported version.

If there is a specific version not available, feel free to ask a request for it, and we will try to accomidate if we can.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

12 REPLIES 12
RainTechMatt
Frequent Visitor

Re: Download HPE OneView update archive

Thanks Chris. Do you happen to have any of the older 3.00.05 releases so we can jump from 2.00.00 to there? We just received a refurbished Synergy Composer module to replace a defective unit and the firmware is from 2015! There's currently no way to upgrade unless we jump to 3.0.0.05 first.

Thank you!

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Appologies for the late reply.  HPE Synergy does not support 2.x.  The first release was 3.00.  And unless you absolutely need to keep the configuration, I would suggest you re-flash the Composer with the current version of firmware.  There are steps documented in the Support Center on how to do this.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

DanCernese
HPE Pro

Chris is of course correct, HPE Synergy Composers only started with 3.00.05 in 2017.  There was no version prior to that on Synergy.  If by some chance you receive a Composer with the original firmware; you cannot reimage directly to the current without first going through the version that recognizes the switch from "HP" to "HPE" (which was around 3.10.08 timeframe).

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Thanks for pointing that out Dan.  I forgot we made that change, and the validation process will fail as it would be looking for a different signature than what is now shipping (HP versus HPE).

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

derek72
Occasional Visitor

the earlist version on this site 3.10.07.

i am on version 2.00.02    so could the following versions be added please

2.00.07 - 2.00.09 - 3.00.07   so i can do the update to 3.10.07,    have got plans to take it to version 6.0

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

That will take some time to pull together.  I'll reply once I have confirmation it can be done.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

derek72
Occasional Visitor

Thanks

DXC Technology NZ Limited (Company number 1441241).
DXC Technology Company -- This message is transmitted to you by or on behalf of DXC Technology Company or one of its affiliates. It is intended exclusively for the addressee. The substance of this message, along with any attachments, may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information or information that is otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate any part of this message. If you have received this message in error, please destroy and delete all copies and notify the sender by return e-mail. Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind DXC Technology Company or any of its affiliates to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.
dan9
Occasional Advisor

Synergy OneView 6.00.01

is Synergy Oneview 6.00.01 included in the 6.00 download from the Synergy release home page? 

OV 6.0 release notes indicate this

Resolved Issues

The section lists the issue resolved in HPE OneView 6.00.01:

• Resolved an issue where during a full refresh of an enclosure, such as after an upgrade, the appliance may remove some of the server blades if a timeout occurs while communicating with an enclosure having HPE BladeSystem Onboard Administrator. This results in the server blades removing the downlink port connection.

For more information, see the Customer Advisory.

The section lists the issues resolved in HPE OneView 6.00 :

• Resolved an issue where you cannot edit the remote support settings of a server hardware if you have administrator scope configurations such as server administrator, infrastructure administrator, or others.

For more information, see the Customer Advisory.

•  

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Synergy OneView 6.00.01

6.00.01 is ONLY for the Virtual Machine Appliance, and addresses a single customer found issue with c-Class.  It has no applicability with HPE Synergy.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo