4151 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Email Notifications and other questsions

Jakuza
Occasional Visitor

Email Notifications and other questsions

Hi,

I'm currently trying to set up HPE OneView notifications for our site here. What I want is to have the alert emails filtered. I only want to see emails about hardware issues, currently I get emails when asset tags cannot be found and network alerts that usually clear themselves. Is there a way to filter the alerts? 

I'm also wondering about the "Unable to retrieve asset tag information from the iLO." I really don't care to add an asset tag to the server and refreshing, removing and readding the server does nothing. The servers are running ILO 4 2.53. Any solutions?

Thanks,

J

3 REPLIES 3
KIT99
Occasional Visitor

Re: Email Notifications and other questsions

Hi Jakuza.

You have several alert criterias which you can choose from, for example notifying only the "status:critical" alerts.

In the E-mail notification screen create an email alert, then go to Edit Alert Email Filter screen (the small green pen on the right) and choose whatever best fits for you and your organisation.

You will probably have to give it a few tries until it fits, but it is possible; we had the same issue ourselves.

For the second question, have a look here:

https://community.hpe.com/t5/HPE-OneView/HP-OneView-Warning-Unable-to-retrieve-asset-tag-information-from/td-p/6839370

Regards.
HB

Jakuza
Occasional Visitor

Hi @KIT99,

I understand that choosing things like "Status:critical" or "status:warning" are options but I was wondering if it could be more defined. I'm getting alerts for when a refresh fails, I don't really need to know that. I really just want to know when hardware fails or the server goes offline. Any ideas if this is possible?

Thanks,

Jackson

SanjayKumarS
Occasional Visitor

Is there a way to filter out the mail alerts in OneView by Subject line of the mail triggered?