HPE OneView

Enhancement request

BradV
Respected Contributor

Enhancement request

Especially for alerts, they quit often state to open the iLO web interface and examine the IML.  It would be great if one of he Actions was an option to open the iLO web interface and be already logged in.  Otherwise, I have to scroll through my bookmarks to find the correct iLO; connect; put in credentials before I can even see it.  It would be great if I could do this with one selection in OneView.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
BradV
Respected Contributor

Re: Enhancement request

Although it would still be good to have as an actual option, it was just pointed out to me that if one middle clicks on the 'iLO ost name' field, it does open up a window to the iLO. 

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Thanks for the feedback here.  However, you can already launch the iLO from OneView (either the management UI or the Remote Console of choice) and will single-sign  you into that interface.  If that is not working, then there is likely a browser security policy blocking the funcitonality.  Also, we don't want to clutter the Actions menu.  It is reserved for the most common actions that would otherwise be less discoverable or hidden in subpages within the resource.

As for the IML, the IML is really no longer being used by the iLO for logs.  While yes it does put some messages there, it is mainly for backwards compatibility.  We are looking to clean up that message, and not propogate it into the resource.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BradV
Respected Contributor

Hi Chris,

Good to know.

I'm looking at a critical alert.  The correctiveAction says to log into the iLO and view the IML.  I know you are working on fixing that, but no where else in that alert is there anything to tell me what the actual alert is about.  I extracted the /rest/alerts/{id} and don't see anything that tells me what this alert is in reference.  Am I missing your point?

I went an looked in the IML.  Back in July there was a machine code exception.  I'll have to review the other alerts and see if that is mentioned in another alert?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The alert is just a notification that there are active entries within the IML.  You can ignore this alert, as we are looking to clean tha alert up in the near future.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo