Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error opening HP Management tabs in vSphere web client

DHRServerTeam
Occasional Contributor

Error opening HP Management tabs in vSphere web client

Hello All,

I am unable to see any data in the HP Management tabs(under Monitor and Manage) within the web client for my ESXi hosts.  I get the error message:

"faultCode:Server.Processing faultString:'com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.ClientTransportException : HTTP transport error: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Server certificate chain is not trusted and thumbprint doesn't match' faultDetail:'null'"

I have successfully replaced the SSL certificate with one signed by my internal CA, but this error continues to be there.  In my environment, we have a separate PSC with two vCenters attached to it.  I have added all the credentials to these under vCenter Credentials; still no avail.  

I am unable to see any of my Blade enclosures as well.  I have entered my OA credentials and verified these but the blade enclosure will not show up under HP Infrastructure.

I was able to add my 3PAR 7440c storage array but not my 3PAR 7450 array.  (the 7450 is one firmware version behind than the 7440c and I believe this is the culprit as to why i cannot add this storage array)

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

2 REPLIES
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Error opening HP Management tabs in vSphere web client

> the 7450 is one software version behind than the 7440c

What are the two versions?

DHRServerTeam
Occasional Contributor

Re: Error opening HP Management tabs in vSphere web client

7440c OS Version: 3.2.1(MU3)

7450  OS Version: 3.2.1(MU2)

Edit: I was able to add the 7450 by restarting the CIM service on the storage array.

Also, version 7.7 of the plugin was just released and I will be updating to that version to see if it fixes some of my issues