1748177 Members
4315 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Error when accessing web page for OneView for vCenter 8.0.1

Gloabl-SAS
Occasional Contributor

Error when accessing web page for OneView for vCenter 8.0.1

Not sure if I'm at the right place. I just deployed the OVA for OneView for vCenter version 8.0.1. I can't find the documentation for version 8 anywhere. I'm trying to access the OV4VC appliance via HTTPS://applianceip but I have this message:

Error page generator called with reasonPhrase=Not Found,description=Not Found,for exception=none,for request=/

Could anybody help me getting started or point me to the documentation to version 8? 

12 REPLIES 12
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Procudt documentation is kept not only on the Support Site, but also within the Enterprise Information Library (EIL; which also includes other document types).  IN order to locate the HPE OneView for vCenter (or even System Center) plugin documentation, navigate to the HPE OneView EIL location, expand the Workloads, Solutions, Infrastructure & Management collection, then select your plugin.  I have built a custom URL that will take you directly to that view.  You will see the HPE OneView for VMware vCenter User Guide 8.0 listed under the User Guides section.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

FTBZ
Regular Visitor

Same issue here, didn't find a solution at this time.

Mike Vierling
Visitor

I have the exact same problem.

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Hello,

The wrong URL is being used. You should use:

https://applianceip/ui/index.html

This is on the top of Page 11 of the UserGuide under "HPE OneView for VMware vCenter Administrator Console".

-- Edward Haletky

FTBZ
Regular Visitor

Thanks, I've read the Installation Guide many time, but didn't check the User Guide...

Why using /ui when other products use / instead (3PAR SSMC, OneView, Recovery Manager,...). A redirection page will be better.

Mike Vierling
Visitor

Thank you! The guide I was looking at had the old URL.  Now I'm stuck on the Registering the VASA provider from the vSphere Client.  It says to "Right-click on a datastore in the left pane of HPE OneView for vCenter, and click Manage".  But I do not see any datastores in HPE OneView for vCenter.  I see my vCenter and my Storage system, but nothing about any datastores.  It wants a VASA URL to add into the vSphere web client.

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Hello,

To See the VASA Provider URL go to HPE Management on a Node. Click on the Gear and there is a link to VASA Provider URL with instructions for how to put into play.

Best regards,

Edward L. Haletky

Mike Vierling
Visitor

Thank you for your help.  I'm going to have to give HP a call.  It is getting worse.  I completed erased HP OneView and reinstalled from scratch.  I am not not able to add my vcenter into HP OneView.  I also do not see any gear to click on the for the VASA link.

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Is this OneView or OneView for vCenter? They are different.

For OV4VC you need to connect vCenter using the https://applianceip/ui/index.html link. Ensure your Distributed Power Management settings are not set. Then the plugin will appear but ONLY via the Web Client. The .NET client was dropped. Once vCenter is enabled via the applianceip, then you can go to the web client, login, and go to Home. You will need to configure the HPE Management with the appropriate passwords. Then let it discover the nodes. Perhaps 15m or so for the first one. 

Once you have vCenter configured you also have to configure via the applianceip the Storage System. Without that you cannot get the VASA url.

Then you can go to a specific node, click on Manage, then click on HPE Management and see the bits. If everything worked you will see a blue ILO at the bottom of the screen (representing the ILO portlet). If you do not see that, then something failed during discovery. If you do see the gear on the right side of the HPE Management window for the node.

Best regards,

Edward L. Haletky