1753971 Members
8502 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Expiration Notification

Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

Expiration Notification

Since we are in the process of migrating from HPSIM/IRS to OV, I need to post a clarity question as far as remote support works with support contracts. I just recieved an email generated from InsightRemoteSupport@hp.com with the below info:

***********************************************************************************

Dear Customer,

Subject:       Expiration notification

Message Type:   Entitlement Expiration

Severity:       Warning 

Summary:

The HPE contract or warranty obligation for SABALPARK-DFS4 has expired on 16 Sep 2018 00:00:00 -0400 and remote monitoring of this device has ceased."

Action:

To purchase or renew your contract with HPE, please work with your HPE Sales or HPE Authorized Channel Partner to ensure that you continue to benefit from remotely monitoring your devices. 

Please visit the Insight Remote Support console at https://172.27.xx.xxx:7906/ to view the details.

This is an automatically generated message. Please do not reply. Thank you! 

***********************************************************************************

Now this server in question is a Gen9 server. My HP support admin has indicated this server was recently moved to HP contracts. Once the initial warrantly of our server expires, it is then moved to our HP contracts. With that said, i did verify this server has been added to our contracts. I also see an "Appliance Alert" in my OV appliance stating "The warranty or contract on some devices are about to expire." In that alert, I can download a list of offeneding servers. In this case, I had 7 such servers. The S/N in that email above was listed in there as well.

With that said, knowing that this server is under a contract, if a part fails on this server, will a case still be generated when it is in this state? I just want to be sure my servers that have been moved to contracts are still fully supported and able to call home.

Thanks, Scott

3 REPLIES 3
vky9007
Frequent Visitor

Hello Scott,

It is a great question!

Yes, IRS does work with support contracts.

Please check & confirm if the support contract is linked to the same serial number & product number by contacting your ASM or HPE Contract & Warranty Team.

Or

Please update the Contract ID or SAID in IRS to validate it.

You can do that by following the steps below,

Login to IRS --> Go to Devices Tab --> Select the Device for which the warranty has expired --> Click on Warranty Tab --> Select SAID or Contract ID from the Drop Down and update it --> Click on save changes.

If this doesn't solve the issue.

Please log a support case with HPE IRS Team and we should assist you further.

Regards,

Venkatesh Kumar Yuvaraj

I am HPE Employee

Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

Since our existing IRS system runs on our old HP-SIM box, I am not sure what the point is to updated the IRS information knowing that my OneView appliance is alerting on the support. OneView and IRS really have no interaction with each other. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance...

Scott

vky9007
Frequent Visitor

Hello Scott,

As I understand, you have already moved the servers from IRS to OneView and receiving a notification in OneView too.

Please wait for the warranty refresh to happen in OneView and see if the new contract kicks in.

If it fails, then we need to find out if the contract is linked to your serial number & product number and troubleshoot further.

Regards,

Venkatesh Kumar Yuvaraj

I am HPE Employee