7416 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Few questions about OneView

UlamSys
Occasional Contributor

Few questions about OneView

Hello.

I'm Implementing OneView in my organiztion and i have a few questions about it.

1. If I Migrate Virtual Connect to OneView and after few days I want to go back and manage it with VCM, will the settings that was migrated to OneView and the settings that I added through OneView will be saved? 

2. I created a user named oneview and his role is read-only. If I enter iLO through OneView with SSO, will the user have read-only permissions on iLO and OA too? If not, how can I configure SSO users in iLO and OA to match their role in OneView?

3. What happend if OneView appliance suddenly crashes? Can I still manage my Virtual Connects? WIll VCM be available when OneView is down?

4. If I want to configure SNMP traps from OneView, Which SNMP configuration do I need to set in iLO and OA? Or after i configure OneView it does it automatically?

5. I added an Enclosure as Managed or "Migrate VCM Domain" and selected OneView Advanced but I didn't insert OneView Advanced license. Does it automatically detect licenses from enclosures and it means that I purchased license with the enclosure? Or it is a temporary evaluation license?

6. If I depoy Insight Control Server Provisioning, will it also detect the OneView Advance license?

7. How can I use OneView to replace HPSUM and depoy firmware updates to products?

Thanks alot.

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Few questions about OneView

I suggest you review the Deployment And Management Guide on the Enterprise Information Library (http://hpe.com/info/oneview/docs) under Whitepapers.

As for our VCM questions, VCM is turned off and HPE OneView becomes the manager. Yes, OneView will migrate your VCM settings. Please view the User Guide about migration caveats.

If the appliance is unavailable, the infrastructure stays operational. You can't manage the resource until the appliance is back running.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Some answers

3. VCM interface repoints to OneView IP when managed by OneView. You have to get the appliance backup working.

5. It will detect OneView licenses that are embeded in the enclosure at factory ship. The Evaluation license is per oneview installation it is not working on a per enclosure basis. The licenses should tell you if they are evaluation.

7. Currently it only can deploy SPP from HP or Custom SPP you made outside OneView with HPSUM. Version 3.0 will probably fix this so you can do it all within OneView.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@Adrian Clint wrote:

Some answers

5. It will detect OneView licenses that are embeded in the enclosure at factory ship. The Evaluation license is per oneview installation it is not working on a per enclosure basis. The licenses should tell you if they are evaluation.

That is not correct.  Evaluation Licenses are per Server resource, not the appliance.  Licenses will need to be installed on a per appliance basis.  Licenses can be installed with either a license key(s) that can be installed directly on the appliance, or during the Add Server or Add Enclosure process by utilizing embedded licenses (which are only with the license bundle or with the HPE OneView license sku attached to the order).

@Adrian Clint wrote:

Some answers

7. Currently it only can deploy SPP from HP or Custom SPP you made outside OneView with HPSUM. Version 3.0 will probably fix this so you can do it all within OneView.

This is incorrect.  Any valid baseline, with the Full SPP or a custom one created by HPSUM or MySPP, can be uploaded to the appliance to then be part of the firmware policy for a Logical Enclosure, Logical Interconnect, Server Profile, or the Enclosure as you add it as a Managed resource (only to override which OA an iLO firmware to apply if the minimum requirement does not match, or you want OneView to upgrade the OA and iLO's present during the Add process).

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo