5104 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Firmware Bundle Names

RalphOV
Frequent Visitor

Firmware Bundle Names

Hi,

In the past when I uploaded a custom SPP the name in OV firmware Bundle would be the title of when I create the custom SPP.

But since the last SPP the name is always Custom Baseline "date of creation" therefore since I have uploaded one for G9 and another for G10 I have 2 Firmware bundle with the same name.

Is there any way to work around that and be able to choose any name I want?

I'm using OV 6.3, will update to 6.5 next week.

Thank you,

8 REPLIES 8
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Firmware Bundle Names

System recommended content:

1. Remove a firmware bundle from the firmware repository

If the above information is helpful, then please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon.

Thank you for being a HPE community member.

Accept or Kudo

DanCernese
HPE Pro

Unfortunately no, the name is generated whether you use OneView or HPE SUM to create a custom baseline.  I suggest what we do in a lab is to use 1 day difference.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
RalphOV
Frequent Visitor

@DanCernese wrote:

Unfortunately no, the name is generated whether you use OneView or HPE SUM to create a custom baseline.  I suggest what we do in a lab is to use 1 day difference.

That could work but the solution still a workaround, HPE should fix what it broke so we can name it whatever we want.

Anyone have update to 6.4 or 6.5? i'd like to know if by any chance the fix it.

DanCernese
HPE Pro

Yes, acknowledged.  This remains unchanged through all current versions and the next.  I'll forward your request to the firmware teams.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
RalphOV
Frequent Visitor

Thank you,

If possible, I can open a ticket to their team so I can follow up with them., If you can point me in the right direction 

DanCernese
HPE Pro

Certainly a support case would help with our tracking--  the official response will be "working as designed" since there is no defect;  we can track the request internally.   Cases are not directed to specific teams.

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

I am having this exact same issue.  I too have Gen9 and Gen10 spp's.  running Oneview 5.6.

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

By accident I found sort of a solution to this.  Using your newly uploaded spp, create a custom firmware bundle.  You'll have to give it a new name but it will stick.  You also have to inject a hotfix into it.  For us it was new ILO5 firmware.  I would imagine you could use any .rpm firmware file that's not already part of the spp.