1748014 Members
4008 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Firmware bundle - management

KBengtson
Occasional Advisor

Firmware bundle - management

I installed version 1.10 of teh OneView appliance. This version comes by default with SPP v2014.060

I have since added newer versions of the SPP, as we continue to certify the newer versions.

Trying to be mindful of disk space, I attempted to remove firmware bundle 2014.060

and received the following error:

"Unable to delete the default firmware bundle"

I have confirmed that none of my server profiles are set to use this version as their firmware baseline...

Is there a way to remove this version of the SPP?

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Unfortunately, releases prior to 1.20 prohibited users from removing the default baselie.  With the 1.20 release, we allowed customers to remove the included baseline.  Do know that when adding a custom baseline, the ISO must include at least the following, otherwise the appliance will reject the baseline:

1. OA firmware
  2. iLO firmware
  3. VC firmware
  4. ISO must be marked Bootable, as that is the only way today to include HPSUM within the custom baseline.

Also, the 1.20 update does include another baseline, so make sure you have 2GB of free space within your baseline repository, otherwise the update will fail.

NOTE:  Please refer to the HP OneView Support Matrix for the minimum firmware version required for your custom baseline(s).

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

SNSman
Occasional Advisor

Hello Chris,

I have an additional question about the Firmware Bundel Repository.

It is set to 10GB. We now have 3 SPP's installed and we are running out of space.

Is there a way to increase this 10GB limit?

Our OneView 1.20.05 appliance is installed as a virtual machine on ESXi 5.1

Thanks in advance.

Mark

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Not at this time.  The filesystem is set to 12GB of space.  Do you need to keep more than 3 or 4 baselines?  Have you tried creating a custom baseline for the components you need to support?  Otherwise, if you use the main SPP we publish, that will consume a lot of space, limiting the number of SPP Baselines you can maintain on the appliance.  If you haven't or do not know the process to create a custom baseline, please review the Create Custom SPP Firmware Baseline using HPSUM 7.X chapter on page 167 in the .

We are looking at ways to provide additional disk space, but I have nothing to share at this time.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

SNSman
Occasional Advisor

Ok. Thanks voor the reply.

We are currently in ths transition of replacing old hardware and have 3 SPP's mounted at the moment.

Will look into the custom SPP.