1748008 Members
4686 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Gathering Driver/Software versions from OneView

AmitG0223
Advisor

Gathering Driver/Software versions from OneView

I am trying to gather software versions from OneView, but not all software is being displayed in the Firmware and Driver details page. Based on the document, the information is from hp-ams or amsd, but how do they determine what software/driver information is being sent by SNMP and how can we add additional driver/software version to monitor?

4 REPLIES 4
tech3d
HPE Pro

Re: Gathering Driver/Software versions from OneView

Hi,

HPE OneView detects the firmware of all server hardware through the iLO.

In order for OneView to gather software & driver versions, you need to install the Agentless Management Service (AMS) on the OS. Supported platforms are Microsoft Windows, Vmware ESXi & Linux.

If you are running your servers on ESXi, then use the hpe custom image (separate images are available for Synergy & non-Synergy servers), and they will have AMS.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Additionally this information is not collected by SNMP. Rather an API the ILO provides. AMS is required to collect all HPE drivers, firmware and utilizes installed within the OS. If AMS is installed but it's service is disabled, then iLO has no way of getting that information.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AmitG0223
Advisor

AMS service is running on the servers, but how does it determine what software is provided to the iLO.

For example, I am running a cluster with ServiceGuard installed as well as ERM. I can see that those software is being provided to OneView, but I do not see Veritas NetBackup or McAfee software. Does AMS only provide HPE software or is there a way to configure to include other vendors for AMS to include?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

We do not inventory 3rd party components. The only reason I can see Service Guard listed is the fact it has HPE/HP in the name. OneView and SUM have no ability to update that software, as it is not part of a Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) or Synergy Service Pack (SSP).

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo