HPE OneView
1752280 Members
4718 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Global Dashboard 1.2 - error adding AD "Invalid data, missing data, or both provided"

MrTomahawk
Occasional Contributor

Global Dashboard 1.2 - error adding AD "Invalid data, missing data, or both provided"

We just deployed the GD 1.2, and now we seem to figure out how to setup Active Directory logons.  The process is completly different from OneView which is annoying and the documentation is also confusing.  It states:

Group name: The name of the group in which users can log into the appliance as Operator. For example if group1 under CN=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=myorg is being added, the input looks like: CN=group1,CN=Users

This is not possible.  There is no way a group called "group1" can be under a group called "Users."  The group, "group1" could be a member of group "Users", or the group "group1" could be located under the OU called "Users", but that is not at all how it is stated.  You can't have a CN=___,CN=___

Either way we can't seem to figure out how to add CN=ACME,OU=Admin Groups,DC=Domain,DC=Somewhere,DC=Com

We keep getting the following error:

Invalid data, missing data, or both provided for enterprise group to role assignment.

We've tried:

Directory Server host name or IP address:

someDC

Directory server Port

Directory name

Domain.Somewhere.Com

Base DN Example: dc=mydomain,dc=myorg

DC=Domain,DC=Somewhere,DC=Com

Enter a group name: CN=group1,CN=users

CN=ACME,OU=Admin

No joy...we even tried:

CN=ACME,CN=Admin

and

CN=ACME

Nothing works.

I also noticed in someone else post for GD 1.1 that their error ended up being the default role for teh mapping was blank which is what was causing their error, but GD 1.2, this role option is not listed.  It is showing that my mapping too is defaulted to a blank value, but then at the same time doesn't let me give it a value.

Has anyone got this to work, and if so how?  We tried both IE and Chrome, and it doesn't work on either one. 

1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Global Dashboard 1.2 - error adding AD "Invalid data, missing data, or both provided"

CN is a Container within Active Directory.  And the only Container (CN) is Users.  It is the default location where new user accounts are created if legacy Microsoft management tools are used.

There are a few options for getting the full Distinguished Name of the OU where your accounts reside, and that is with Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in.  Once it is launched, go to Options and select Advanced.  Then, navigate to the OU where your accounts reside, right-click and select Properties.  Then, select the Attributes tab (only visible when Advanced is enabled within the MMC snap-in), and scroll down to Distinguished Name.  Edit and then copy the value.  Paste this value into the OneView Global Dashboard Directory settings.

Alternatively, we have released OneView Global Dashboard 1.3, which brings the HPE OneView Directory management elements to Global Dashboard.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo