HPE OneView
1752753 Members
4526 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP OneView 5.00.01-0410269 and v5.0.0.0 SCOM Integration cross reference to old v3 Proliant MPs

MichaelBi

HP OneView 5.00.01-0410269 and v5.0.0.0 SCOM Integration cross reference to old v3 Proliant MPs

We are in the process of implementing SCOM 2019 which is taking the place of an old, inherited SCOM 2012 R2 infrastructure still running the old HP Proliant Managment Packs v2.2.0.0.

We currently have integration with our tickieting system which creates incidents based off of several of the old Proliant MP Alerts\Rules.  How do I cross-reference the old and the new HP OneView provided Alerts\Rules, so that the integration team can seemlessly fix the incident creation?

SCOM 2012 R2 using:

Hewlett-Packard ProLiant Servers Base, SNMP Management Pack, Core Library v 2.2.0.0

SCOM 2019 uses HP OneView 5.00.01-0410269  with the 5.0.0.0 integration Managment Packs .

Enclosure, Rack, Server, Storage, switch, virtual, etc.

2 REPLIES 2
Anurag_Soni
HPE Pro

Re: HP OneView 5.00.01-0410269 and v5.0.0.0 SCOM Integration cross reference to old v3 Proliant MPs

There is no way to cross reference the older MP and new MP. The classes, rules, alert id's are totally different than old MP's. Please refer to Migration section in HPE OneView SCOM Integration Kit user guide for more details.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

The event processing rules of this management pack are designed to consolidate similar events and to not repeat issues. The consolidated status appears by enabling the Repeat Count property in the Active Alerts view settings. If events are consolidated, the Alert Description in the Alert Details pane shows the first event that was generated only. To view the most recent similar alert, click View additional knowledge from the Alert Details pane, and then select the Alert Context tab on the Alert Properties screen.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo