New Discussion юеВ

HP OneView troubles

SOLVED
Go to solution
AdminMSK
Advisor

HP OneView troubles

I ran into the following issues while setting up HP OneView Standard:

1. Registration with HPE Remote Support fails.
I tried to put different checkboxes, but always after clicking the register in HPE Support button, the window hangs in this status and nothing happens.

I found a possible solution to the problem - execute the commands:

# Connect to the appliance

Connect-HPOVMgmt -ComputerName MyAppliance -Credential (Get-Credential -Username myadmin)

# Issue the DELETE REST API call

Send-HPOVRequest -URI /rest/support/portal-registration -Method DELETE -AddHeader @{"If-Match" = "*"}

https://community.hpe.com/t5/HPE-OneView/Replacement-Oneview-appliance-won-t-register-with-insight-online/td-p/7092838#.YHavFjZ7mHs

Installed the HPEOneView.600 module, but the "Send-HPOVRequest" cmdlet is not recognized:
How to register?

2. Not added to the monitoring of the Gen6 server with iLO2.
The documentation says that monitoring should be supported for Gen6:
The minimum firmware version for iLO2 is 2.13, I have updated to the latest available 2.77, but the result has not changed.

Error on DL servers:

Unable to establish trusted communication with the server.
Resolution: Ensure that server iLO is reachable and responding. Check that the server iLO supports the TLS protocol version, cipher suites and certificate strength supported by HPE OneView. Retry importing the server.

Error on blade:

Encountered problems with the following: HP_c7000, bay 10.

Resolution

Refresh the enclosure. Reseat the device if necessary. If the problem persists contact your authorized support representative and provide them with a support dump (GEC_181).

17 REPLIES 17
AdminMSK
Advisor

Re: HP OneView troubles

HP OneView v 6.0

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Welcome @AdminMSK to the HPE OneView Community.

Typically when the appliance is unable to connect to the HPE OneView Remote Support (OVRS) backend, it is a firewall or proxy issue.  If your management network/infrastructure requires HTTP/HTTPS Proxy for ourbound connectivity, you will need to configure that at the appliance under Settings -> Proxy.

The HPE OneView PowerShell library went through a recent vendor prefix change.  So, the Cmdlets start with -OV, not -HPOV.  That change happened at the HPE OneView 5.30 release last year.  So the code would be:

# Connect to the appliance

Connect-OVMgmt -ComputerName MyAppliance -Credential (Get-Credential -Username myadmin)

# Issue the DELETE REST API call

Send-OVRequest -URI /rest/support/portal-registration -Method DELETE -AddHeader @{"If-Match" = "*"}

We removed TLS 1.0 support from the appliance, which is going to impact the ability to monitor a Gen6 iLO2 system.  iLO2 only supports TLS 1.0, and none of the newer TLS versions.  Let me check if there is anything that can be done with OneView 6.0 here.

As for the c-Class issue, can you log into the OA and identify what generation of server that is?  Unfortunately the error doesn't describe much here.  I'm seeing if I can find an internal document that describes what the error code GEC_181 could reference.  Otherwise, a support case would be needed to analyze an appliance support dump.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AdminMSK
Advisor

Thanks, but the command still fails with an error:

PS H:\> Send-OVRequest -URI /rest/support/portal-registration -Method DELETE -AddHeader @{"If-Match" = "*"}
[Send-OVRequest]: The appliance may be busy or the request may have exceeded the configuration maximums documented in t
he support matrix. Retry the operation if necessary.
C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\HPEOneView.600\6.0.2719.1668\HPEOneView.600.psm1:6770 ╨╖╨╜╨░╨║:33
+                                 Throw $ErrorRecord
+                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (Send-OVRequest:String) [], InvalidOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : GENERIC_HTTP_500

With HPOneView.500 module same error:

PS H:\> Send-HPOVRequest -URI /rest/support/portal-registration -Method DELETE -AddHeader @{"If-Match" = "*"}
[Send-HPOVRequest]: The appliance may be busy or the request may have exceeded the configuration maximums documented in
 the support matrix. Retry the operation if necessary.
C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\HPOneView.500\5.0.2736.1630\HPOneView.500.psm1:6580 ╨╖╨╜╨░╨║:33
+                                 Throw $ErrorRecord
+                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (Send-HPOVRequest:String) [], InvalidOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : GENERIC_HTTP_500

Blades with errors - Gen6.

There are no connection errors on gen7 and above.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

OneView Remote Support only works with Gen8 and newer servers.  You will need IRS for Gen7 and older phone home support.

That said, I would ask that you open a support case for the original issue.  The appliance is reporting that it has throttled requests because it is too busy.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AdminMSK
Advisor

I have Gen6, Gen7, Gen8, Gen9 and Gen10 servers. I want to monitor Gen6 and Gen7 health myself. And I also want to automatically create cases for Gen8, Gen9, Gen10. Support for this functionality is described in the documentation, but in fact I cannot register for Remote Support, and Gen6 does not connect to HP OneView at all.

I am using the standard (free) version. And HP support sent me to this forum.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

We disabled TLS 1.0 by default for new installations of HPE OneView 5.40 and newer.  Gen6 can only support TLS 1.0, and is unable to support newer TLS versions.

As for OneView Remote Support, it requires a synchronous HTTPS access to our backend API to configure.  If there is a firewall preventing outbound access, you need to ensure that a rule is added (HTTPS/TCP outbound to api.support.hpe.com).  An alternative configuration would be using an HTTP proxy, which you can enable under Settings -> Proxy.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AdminMSK
Advisor

Today, after restarting the app, the registration was performed automatically.
There was still a question with connecting Gen6 to monitoring.

Found article https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00111326en_us&docLocale=en_US

but no experience with REST API (how to use these commands and in which application).
Tried it through powershell, but an error is thrown:

Invoke-RestMethod: {"errorSource": null, "data": {}, "details": "The requested resource could not be found.", "Message": "Not Found", "me
ssageParameters ": []," nestedErrors ": []," errorCode ":" GENERIC_HTTP_404 "," recommendedActions ": [" Check the request URI, then resend the
request. "," Verify if the request requires an X-API-Version header. "]}
line: 71 characters: 1
+ Invoke-RestMethod @params
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo: InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest: HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-RestMethod], WebException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId: WebCmdletWebResponseException, Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeRestMethodCommand

If I try to follow the link in the article via the web, where I need to perform PUT, then the same code is 404 - the page was not found:

404 Not Found
The requested resource could not be found.
Check the request URI, then resend the request.
You might want to return to the appliance home.

Powershell example below:
$ username = "blablabla"
$ upassword = "blablabla"

$ auth = $ username + ':' + $ upassword
$ Encoded = [System.Text.Encoding] :: UTF8.GetBytes ($ auth)
$ authorizationInfo = [System.Convert] :: ToBase64String ($ Encoded)

$ jsonSample = '[
{
"type": "ProtocolV1",
"protocolName": "TLSv1.0",
"enabled": true
},
{
"protocolName": "TLSv1.1",
},
{
"protocolName": "TLSv1.2",
}
] '

$ params = @ {
    Uri = 'https: //applaince/rest/security-standards/protocols'
    Headers = @ {'Authorization' = "Basic $ authorizationInfo"}
    Method = 'PUT'
    Body = $ jsonSample
    #Body = ($ jsonSample | ConvertTo-Json)
    ContentType = 'application / json'
}

Invoke-RestMethod @params

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Use Set-OVApplianceSecurityProtocol.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AdminMSK
Advisor

Thank you, tls 1.0 was enabled using the specified cmdlet.

PS H:\> Get-OVApplianceSecurityProtocol
Mode: LEGACY

Name    Enabled ModeIsEnabled CipherSuites
----    ------- ------------- ------------
TLSv1.2 True    True          {TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 True, TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 True,
                              TLS_ECDH_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 True, TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 True...
                              }
TLSv1.1 True    True          {TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA True, TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA True, TLS_RSA_WITH
                              _AES_128_CBC_SHA True, TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 True...}
TLSv1   True    True          {TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA True, TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA True, TLS
                              _ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA True, TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA True...}

Now, according to the article (https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00111326en_us&docLocale=en_US), it is necessary to recreate the certificate so that the signature algorithm changes from MD5 to SHA1.

I renamed ilo, checked with firefox that the certificate algorithm had changed to SHA1, but HP Oneview still does not want to add the Gen6 server.

Error in HP OneView:
Unable to add server hardware: blablabla.domain
Unable to determine the hardware configuration for 'blablabla.domain'.
Resolution: Verify that 'blablabla.domain' is a management processor with supported firmware. Consult the HPE OneView Support Matrix for a list of supported hardware.

Servers - DL320G6, DL360G6, DL380G6
ilo2 version - 2.33 (latest)
I go to the iLO without any problems, though he is a little thoughtful.