108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Oneview 1.20.05 never ending fimrware bundle upload process

SOLVED
Go to solution
jean_denis16
Occasional Contributor

HP Oneview 1.20.05 never ending fimrware bundle upload process

It might sound odd but since may 2016 I have a firmware upload process going on. I never notice before that it never ended, but now that I need to update my FW on my VirtualConnect and that my oneview is the owner of the Virtual connect I can't make HP SUM or HPE Virtual connect utility upgrade my VC and this firmware upload is THE ONE with the firmware 4.50 on it. I tried to reboot the Oneview few times and the upload still stuck on "Retrieve information from firmware bundle" since may 13 2016. Very extensive informtion to me. how can I stop this process the cancel never worked. 

Anyone face that issue and resolve it ?

i.e. attached picture has been taken on october 09 2016.

Jean-Denis

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HP Oneview 1.20.05 never ending fimrware bundle upload process

You will.need to.open a support case to fix this issue. This is caused by a defect in uploading the 10-2015 SPP on a 1.20.05 or older appliance. After getting Support to help stop the task, you need to upgrade your appliance to at least 1.20.07.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

jean_denis16
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Mrs Lynch, I'll be doing this but is there a way using the Restful api to reste it by myself ? 

jean_denis16
Occasional Contributor

HPe Support point me on this advisory. It goes the way Mrs Lynch propose. I Will upgrade my oneview to 1.20.08

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04921517

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

(It's Mr. Lynch)

There isn't a method to stopping a running task via the REST API at this time.  Only a L2 Support Engineer can assist you with performing that operation.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo