New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE OneView 5.00.01 Unable to delete Server Profile

SOLVED
Go to solution
S_Krause
Occasional Advisor

HPE OneView 5.00.01 Unable to delete Server Profile

Hello everybody,

we have some trouble whith our OneView 5.00.01!

After losing the network conection to one of our HPE C7000, we cannot delete the Server Profile. Also the force switch is not able to remove the Profile. The task ist now runnig more than 48 hours.

Our target is to remove the whole C7000 from our management.

Find attached the error massage:

###################################

Remove server personality and connections.

1. Issue

Unable to get firmware version

Resolution

Ensure network connectivity to the iLO is available. Refresh the server hardware.

2. Issue

Unable to communicate with the server.

Resolution

There was an issue communicating with the server's iLO. Reset the iLO on the server and try the operation again. If the problem persists, the server may need to be power-cycled. If the server is a BL, remove and reinsert the bade. If the server is a DL, completely power down the server and iLO, and check cables, switches and firewalls. If there is a production OS on the server, coordination with a maintenance window may be necessary.

3. Issue

Unable to read server adapter configuration data from the Onboard Administrator (OA).

Resolution

Verify network connectivity from the appliance to the OA and refresh the server hardware. If the problem continues to occur, power-cycle the server hardware (allowing it to complete its power on self test) and then refresh again.

4. Issue

Unable to complete this activity because the appliance was interrupted.
    A shutdown or problem interrupted the activity in progress.

Resolution

Retry Remove profile : xxxxxx

###################################

Is there someone here who still has an idea, or is it a known bug of the version 5.00.01?

Thanks for your help

11 REPLIES 11
AleksandraIsa
HPE Pro

Hello S_Krause, 

tasks, which are abnormally long running, can be interrupted via appliance reboot. 

During the reboot(~40 min) you will have no management, but it doesn't impact the active connections, so there will be no downtime for the blades. 

If the server has no communication to oneview, you may remove the server and once the appliance detects it's removed, it will allow the profile unassignment. 

I think if you remove the blade, reboot the appliance and then unassign the profile, everything will be fine. 

In my opinion it's not a bug of 5.00.01, but rather communication issue. 

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo

S_Krause
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your replay.

We have already tried the solution with the restart. This will only stops the abnormally long runtime of the task.

It is not possible to remove the C7000, as long as profiles are assigned to the hardware (Blades).

We also tried to remove the C7000 and the profiles with the API an Powershell without any success.

AleksandraIsa
HPE Pro

Have you tried to remove the blades, so the profiles can be unassigned?

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo

S_Krause
Occasional Advisor

It is not possible to remove one Blade from an enclosure, attached the error massage:

Unable to individually remove server hardware that is part of a BladeSystem enclosure. To remove this blade from management, you must instead remove the containing enclosure. View XXXXXX and select the remove action there.

AleksandraIsa
HPE Pro

Sorry for the missunderstanding.

I had in mind to remove the baldes physically from the enclosure or e-fuse them over Onboard Administrator. 

only then you will be able to unassign the profiles from the blades.

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo

S_Krause
Occasional Advisor

The C7000 is already physically removed.

We "only" need to remove the Hardware and Profiles from the Oneview.

AleksandraIsa
HPE Pro

If the enclosure is alrady removed physicaly, then you should log a case with the support and get the enclosure removed over the service console. 

If the HW is not available, this explain why there is no communication and all the failures. 

Usually when a c7000 is being removed, you should remove all profiles and the enclosure from oneview before removing it physically. 

I'm giving the link to the help https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/enterprise/servers/oneview5.0/cic/en/index.html#ts_enclosures-cannot-remove-c7000.html so you may search on topics more easily.

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo

ronissac
Trusted Contributor

Hi  ,

There may be pointers of the profiles present in the database. They will have to be manually removed from the database via the remote console . You will have to log a support case with HPE as only an authorized personnel will have access to the remote console

Regards

Ronny

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
AmRa
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi

If the physical hardware (enclosure or server) were removed from OneView appliance without proper procedure or if OneView appliance lost communication with physical hardware (enclosure/server), then OneView appliance will not allow you to delete the logical entries of that hardware from OneView appliance GUI mode.

In this case only the option left is, raise a support ticket with HPE support team to get these entries delete from OneView appliance database through OneView console mode.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo