1753278 Members
5793 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE OneView 5.50 getting hostOsType from OneView on Gen9 hardware and older

AmitG0223
Advisor

HPE OneView 5.50 getting hostOsType from OneView on Gen9 hardware and older

I am working on a project that we will be monitoring hardware from OneView as we are not allowed to monitor from the OS. However we require OS Type listed in our DB. In the RestAPI it mentions that GET server-hardware will provide hostOsType if Agentless Management Service is running on the host OS. But on the Gen9 hardware I tested this on, it reuturns 0 (Unknown). but on our Gen10 hardware we are able to get OS info from the iLO. Is there a way to get the OS from OneView on Gen9 hardware and older when AMS running?

Thank you in advance

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: HPE OneView 5.50 getting hostOsType from OneView on Gen9 hardware and older

Can you tell me what iLO 4 firmware you are using?  Can you also ensure that your iLO's report that value under Administration -> Access Settings.  

Screenshot 2021-02-26 095347.png

If this field is blank, then OneView cannot get the OS Server Name from the server.  Then you need to look to see if AMS is running on these hosts.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AmitG0223
Advisor

Server name is listed, but the question is about OS Type (i.e. Windows, Linux or other). OS Type currently shows as "Unknown"
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Can you please supply the AMS and ILO firmware version you are using? If neither of those report the OS type then OneView cannot.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AmitG0223
Advisor

The iLO firmware and AMS driver version is below.

iLO FW: 2.74

AMS Driver: 2.10.1

Rengan
Occasional Visitor

Hi, 

We are using HPE Oneview ver 6.6 and having the same issue reporting host OS type for Gen 9 & below. Appreciate if anyone knows the fix for it?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

iLO collects this information.  OneView has no other way to collect it.  So if the iLO Overview page in the main iLO UI doesn't report the OS version, then you are missing either:

• Agentless Management Services (AMS)
  • iLO CHIF driver

iLO needs one of the above in order to collect the OS name.  Verify that first.  If you have already and the OS name is being reported within the iLO, then I would suggest you open a support case to issolate why this is happening in OneView.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo