HPE OneView
1748119 Members
3180 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE OneView Global Dashboard, Locked appliance alerts.

Labiak
Regular Visitor

HPE OneView Global Dashboard, Locked appliance alerts.

I am struggling with problem of unwanted alerts in HPE OneView Global Dashboard.

All alerts in state "Locked" with description: "Unable to login to the management processor."

I 've tried to  remove appliance (oneview for synergy ) from Global Dashboard - than alerts disappeared. Unfortuanatelly  after oneview registered again alerts reappeared. 

Next step I have tried was to remove all alerts from OneView for Synergy with powershell: Get-HPOVAlert | Remove-HPOVAlert -Force -Confirm:$false.

This also didn't help.

Any idea?

9 REPLIES 9
Bruce_Lundeby
Frequent Advisor

The alerts are present in Composer OneView appliances. But, they are not visible in the Composer GUI. You will be able to see these alerts in the Composer OneView API if you use an API tool such as the PowerShell library:

Get-HPOVAlert -AlertState Locked

You could then clear those alerts via:

Get-HPOVAlert -AlertState Locked | Remove-HPOVAlert -Force

Other API tools could be used instead:

GET https://<OneView-IP-Address>/alerts/rest/resources?start=-1&view=alertSummary&query="alertState='Locked'"

DELETE https://<OneView-IP-Address>/rest/alerts/<alert#>?force=true

For more info:
https://hewlettpackard.github.io/POSH-HPOneView/

You will need to clear the alerts in the OneView appliance via the API for them to be cleared in Global Dashboard.

Labiak
Regular Visitor

Thank you Bruce,

"Get-HPOVAlert -AlertState Locked" on "OneView for Synergy" returns no output,

I assume this error for some reason is not visible from "OneView for Synergy" web/powershell  BUT somehow it is gathered by "HPE OneView Global Dashboard" and it is showing as critical error. 

Any other solution?

Bruce_Lundeby
Frequent Advisor

Is the Synergy OneView appliance connection healthy? If the appliance connection is not healthy these could be stale alerts. If the appliance connection is healthy, you are seeing locked alerts, and the OneView API is not indicating locked alerts, that would be unexpected. There is not another resolution other than the monitored appliance clearing the alert condtion and giving updated status to Global Dashboard. Please check this combination and let us know.

Labiak
Regular Visitor

Burce, I don't know what kind of connection you have in mind. If you think about physical connection, than I suppose it is fine as we have few synergy enclosure and all are connected in simillar way. I was also done by HPE engineer.

Also communication ethernet should be without problem between both "OneView for Synergy" and '"OneView Global Dashboard". No firewall or blocking ports.

Bruce_Lundeby
Frequent Advisor

Check the appliance state in Global Dashboard to see if the appliance is online or offline. If the appliance is connected or if connectivity has been lost. If connectivity has been lost between Global Dashboard and the OneView appliance then Global Dashboard may have stale data.

Bazzoir

Turn(ing) off the 'Appliance Alerts' panel in the dashboard... Tried all the same things without success, hard to believe how bad this software is...
Bruce_Lundeby
Frequent Advisor

We're really sorry to hear of your problems. You should open a Support case. We would be happy to connect with your Support contact if you private message details. 

JanSkovoe
Regular Visitor

We are addressing the same issue, and need a solution for it. We have 6 Synergy Appliances, running OneView 5.20.01-0420365 and Global Dashoard 2.20.00-427613. All the OneView appliances have no ressource alerts and if I look at it from PowerShell with "Get-HPOVAlert -AlertState Locked", nothing is listed, so the command "Get-HPOVAlert -AlertState Locked | Remove-HPOVAlert -Force" will not have any effect. But in Global Dashboard we have 34 old locked Critical Resource Alerts witch wont go away. All the Appliances are in sync with Global Dashboard.

Please help us find a solution.

PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

My experience with this situation has been that these errors appear in OVGD because it OVGD is reading the local Oneview appliance db differently than the local appliance's own dashboard GUI does.  As I understand it, these entries are hidden in the local database because a subsequent event entry has marked the condition as "Cleared"  - but the actual error entries still exist in the local db. which is what OVGD is seeing and reporting.  I have tried to remove these hidden Locked errors on the local appliance using both Powershel and the API, and in both cases those tools do not seem to be able to either enumerate or remove the hidden locked entries from the local appliance database - however, they *DO* exist. if OVGD is seeing them.   Sadly, the only method that has been successful for me thus far are lengthy sessions with HPE Support reps logging into my Appliance maintenance interface and using direct database manipulation to remove the offending entries - after which the local GUI continued to show no errors (as before) and the OVGD no longer displayed the errors.

I would recommend opening a Support Case.